Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager (Closer) – Scotland
Dundee Office / Field Based
At itison we match our 1.7m households to the best local businesses, create our own world class events, run some of our home city’s best venues, and donate experiences to those who need them the most through our own charity.
We believe our business should be a force for good and a great place for a career, but above all we believe work should be fun and that the experience starts with us.
We’re looking for an ambitious and driven Business Development Manager, specialising in closing, to join our City (Sales) Team. You’ll love closing new business and have a genuine passion for and understanding of the hospitality industry.
What you'll be doing
Our City Team is at the forefront of delivering growth for itison, responsible for driving double-digit growth every year through sourcing and negotiating incredible experiences in our local areas.
The Business Development Manager is the driving force behind converting new businesses to work with itison. It will be your job to take leads that have been developed to the meeting stage of the sales pipeline and convert the business to a sale.
Your superpower will be the ability to close new business and you’ll need to be organised, confident, tenacious, charming and determined. You should be motivated by targets, used to working at pace and thinking strategically to get what you want.
You should have experience in B2B sales, ideally within the hospitality sector, and be well connected within the hospitality sector.
You’ll be travelling across Scotland speaking to businesses in every region so a love of travel, exploring and discovering new places is essential, as is a driving licence and your own transport.
What’s the role?
- Converting new business across Scotland to work with itison
- Pitching itison to senior level contacts both face to face and over the phone with the aim of converting
- Target based – you will have targets to work to across various metrics
- Using research and your own hospitality knowledge to identify the best opportunities within each business to work with itison
- Maximise your time by combining scheduled meetings with drop-ins to qualified businesses
- A love of business development and closing new business
- Self-motivated and driven by KPI’s
- Intelligent, professional, presentable and tenacious
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Resilient and a skilled objection handler/negotiator
- A people person who’s brilliant at quickly building relationships at all levels.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and a team player
- Insider knowledge of the hospitality industry is a benefit – and understanding of industry language and key considerations (ie: profit margins) will be an advantage in closing business.
The salary and benefits package:
- Salary £28k - £35k + commission depending on experience (OTE up to £50k)
- Annual company bonus (based on performance)
- Private Health Care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 10% itison discount and 50% discount at all itison-owned venues
- Enhanced maternity/paternity
- Learning grant
- Lunchtime yoga and Pilates classes
- Holiday-buy scheme
- Birthday day off
- Paid company socials
- Free tickets to all our major events (Drive-In Movies, GlasGLOW, Elfingrove, and more to come)
- Charity day – paid time off to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Fantastic work environment and unending fruit bowl, cereal bar, and full bar set up in the office for Friday Prosecco (or healthy drink if preferred)
No recruiters or agencies, please