GlasGLOW seasonal events team - itison major events
GlasGLOW is back!
We’re looking for talented individuals to join our itison events team and help deliver the UK’s largest Halloween event this Autumn!
At itison, we believe life is about the experience.
We are delighted to be bringing back our amazing world-class event, GlasGLOW, for its sixth year at Glasgow’s Botanic Gardens this Halloween.
Over 100,000 event-goers will enjoy GlasGLOW again this year, and you have the opportunity to be part of our incredible team who deliver this event!
What jobs do we have?
We’re looking for passionate and talented people who are interested in or have experience in major outdoor events, with a range of roles that can easily fit round other work up for grabs:
- Steward team
- Bar & Catering team
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for outgoing, passionate and skilled individuals. You don’t necessarily need loads of experience, as long as you have the enthusiasm to make up for it. Training will be provided.
You might be:
- Experienced in outdoor or large events
- Currently working in the creative industry – some of our events are in the evening, so could work around your other jobs.
- A student, particularly in the events, creative and hospitality sectors.
- You’ll definitely want to be hardy and happy to work outside – waterproofs will be provided, but please don’t apply if you don’t like the idea of working in the rain (it is Scotland in Autumn after all!)
What you'll be doing
No matter where you’re working, your job will be to look after thousands of visitors attending each night and make sure they have a brilliant time.
Roles & Responsibilities will vary dependent on role but may include:
- General event set up and breakdown for each show
- Scanning tickets, managing queues and working at the box office
- Directing and managing foot flow along the route
- Answering guest enquiries
- Serving at the bar, Marshmallowland and our catering units
- Assisting the Event Manager and Supervisors as and when needed
- General housekeeping, maintenance and problem solving
- Going over and above to make sure our guests have an unforgettable experience
Key Skills for all roles
- Friendly, fun, and outgoing with a proactive, can-do attitude.
- Sensible, practical, and level-headed
- Passionate about great customer service
- Experienced in outdoor events and always prepared for whatever weather Scotland throws at us
- Adaptable and flexible to changes that need to be made on-site
- Reliable, hardworking, and honest
- Venue: Botanic Gardens, Glasgow, G12 0DU
- Working hours: Variety of shifts between 12noon and 11pm
- Training Days: 19th October 6pm to 9pm and 25th October 4pm to 7pm
- Event Run: 26th October to 12th November (Daily 5pm to 11pm)
Applicants must be able to commit to a minimum of 10 shifts across the run and be available for all of the training dates. Shifts offered will be dependent on final rostering requirements.
- £11 p/h for stewards
- £12.50 p/h for senior/supervisory roles (these roles will be discussed with experienced candidates during the recruitment process)
Dress code: Waterproof uniforms will be provided