itison is Scotland’s number one deals and events service, helping over a million members across Scotland and the North of England discover great new places to go and things to do in their cities, from five-star hotels to brand-new restaurants and local favourites.
We’re also a Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work For and our Glasgow HQ was dubbed Scotland’s coolest office in the press.
With almost 70 employees and an expected growth of at least another 25% in 2019, we’re looking for a talented HR & Recruitment professional to join our team.
What you’ll be doing
As part of our HR team you will play a key role in upholding and developing our company culture, assist with recruitment campaigns, headhunting, on-boarding and developing & delivering training programmes.
You will be up to date with HR and recruitment legislation, a whizz with systems and processes, an organised and efficient worker, and great at juggling priorities and curve balls.
You must be approachable, trustworthy, reliable, have a flexible approach to work and be calm under pressure. We’re also looking for someone who is positive, has a can-do attitude and tackles challenges head on.
This is a full-time position, based in our head office in Glasgow city centre.
You should have a minimum of two years’ professional experience in an HR and recruitment role, and ideally be CIPD accredited, or working towards this. Experience of training creation and delivery would be a bonus.
What this job is
- Fast paced – We are a fast-paced, growing business, where recruitment priorities can change week to week. You will need to be a smart, quick and agile worker, someone who thrives on pressure, and be self-motivated to meet deadlines and deliver on time.
- Personal – Our company culture really matters to us, and when we’re recruiting it’s key that we find people who share our values and add something positive to our team. This role helps make that happen and we want someone who will take that responsibility seriously, personally, and relish the challenge
- A great future – this job is brilliant for someone who’s as ambitious and passionate as we are, keen to develop themselves, and looking for a career, not just a job
What to expect from the role
A lot of fun and reward, but also hard work – you’ll need to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be able to think on your feet, juggle multiple priorities, and deal with the occasional curve-ball.
You’ll need to have the core competencies we’ve asked for to do this role and be confident liaising with people at all levels within the company.
- Smart, ideally degree educated and CIPD accredited, or working towards this
- A minimum of 2 years+ experience working in a busy HR/Recruitment role
- A confident people person and a good judge of character
- Great communication skills and experience of liaising with people at all levels
- A quick worker with first rate accuracy, planning, and attention to detail
- Current knowledge and experience of HR legalities, tracking, reporting and process
- Experience of headhunting and managing the end to end recruitment process
- Used to working with HR and recruitment systems and proficient with excel
- Exceptional at time management and organisation, and adept at prioritising a changing workload.
- Able to work independently and solve problems and find solutions quickly.
- Enthusiastic, with a positive approach to working and learning in a fast-paced, growing company
Sound like you? Apply and tell us more.
As well as being a Sunday Times Top 100 company, joining the itison team comes with loads of great benefits:
- Competitive salary
- itison discount
- Private medical
- Duvet days and summer school (our equivalent of flexi-time)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity benefits
- Learning grant
- Extra half-day holiday for your birthday
- Opportunities for progression and the best tech to do your job
- Great colleagues and regular awesome paid socials
- Based at our state-of-the-art HQ with lunchtime yoga & pilates classes, relaxation and stretching zones, cereal bar, soft-drink fridge and a never-ending fruit bowl
- Prosecco Friday – round off the week with a company-wide town hall and a glass of fizz (or a beer, or gin, or diet coke… you get the drift!)