We're happy to continue to receive applications and CVs for this position, but due to the impact of Coronavirus, we won't be reviewing these or interviewing for the next few weeks. Anyone we do recruit, won't start until September, at the earliest.
A Sunday Times Top 100 company, itison has helped over a million members across Scotland and the North of England discover great new places to go and things to do in their cities.
We’re looking for a talented front-end web developer to join our team. If you’re skilled, positive, and excited to help develop improved and exciting new products and user experiences for our customers, read on.
What you’ll be doing
Based in our Glasgow HQ, you’ll be working closely with both the Development and Design teams to improve our products and services.
As well as writing code, you’ll be involved in product and UX discussions, helping shape the development of features and services; you’ll conduct code reviews of other developers' work, and you’ll be able to help guide the front-end development of the site as processes and technologies change.
What this job is
- Fast paced - you’ll need to be a quick worker, calm under pressure, and bring your A-game every day to stay on top of your workload and deliver results
- Varied - one week it might be a full recode of our checkout JS; another week an email template for a sell-out event. You’ll work across web and email, CSS and JS (and Ruby on Rails too, if possible), customer and business facing properties, to deliver the best experiences for our users.
- A great future – this job is brilliant for someone who’s as ambitious and passionate as we are, keen to develop themselves, and looking for a career, not just a job
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have professional experience, or degree level education, in front-end development.
- You have experience using version control systems (we use Git) for your work.
- You have Ruby / Ruby on Rails experience - it’s not essential, but would enable you more autonomous work on projects.
- You are confident and can contribute to development, design and UX discussions and planning.
- Your attention to detail and accuracy is first class
- You are efficient and always looking for smarter ways of working
- You can work independently and use your initiative to solve problems and find solutions quickly
- You're enthusiastic and have a positive approach to working and learning in a fast-paced, growing company
As well as being a Sunday Times Top 100 company, joining the team comes with loads of great benefits:
- Staff discount
- Private medical
- Employee assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity
- Learning grant
- Birthday holiday
- Volunteering time
- Great colleagues and regular social events
- Duvet days and summer/winter school (our equivalent of flexi-time)
- Opportunities for progression and the best equipment to do your job
- State of the art HQ, with lunchtime yoga and Pilates classes, relaxation and stretching zones, cereal bar, soft-drink fridge and a never-ending fruit bowl
- Prosecco Friday – round off the week with a glass of fizz (or a beer, gin, diet coke... you get the drift!)
No recruiters or agencies, please