Sloans – Assistant General Manager – full time
Great salary, career opportunities, bonus scheme & benefits package
Our city's oldest bar & restaurant set over three stunning floors; a sold-out ceilidh every Friday night, weddings booked in to our Grand Ballroom through till 2024, an amazing weekly in-house event programme complete with cinema night, our own macaroni appreciation club (SMAC!) and a beautiful outdoor heated courtyard; Sloans has been at the centre of Glasgow life since 1797.
Loved by locals and tourists for centuries, Sloans is looking for an exceptional AGM to keep traditions going and introduce some new ones!
The core missions of the Assistant General Manager
We’re looking for a skilled and experienced professional to:
- Support the GM to lead and train the front and back of house teams and create a fun and dynamic place to work.
- Help drive the business plan, budgets and product to create a sustainable profit that you can share in.
- Help evolve the brand, the physical space, culture and offering to create something truly unique and best.
Your support team
As part of itison venues, owners of seven of the most exciting venues in the City, you’ll be backed and developed by an exceptional in-house support team structure, including:
- A General Manager to help support you in running the day to day operations
- A senior operations team to help support you and deliver the business plan
- A finance, IT, stock and systems team to train and support you on the admin of the role
- A marketing and digital team to drive customers and events
- An HR team to help train and recruit
The core skill set and requirements
- Minimum of one year working at senior Duty Manager / AGM role in a busy hospitality environment.
- Genuine passion for managing and developing teams that have fun together.
- Track record of exceptional customer service skills.
- A love of all things food and drink!
- Experience of running busy shifts and large events; from private dinners to conferences and ceilidhs
- Experience of managing weddings of up to 100 guests, from ceremony through to evening party
- Great attention to detail and the ability to follow paperwork and process; from rotas to margin control - full training on systems and process given
The salary and benefits package
- Great salary package subject to experience
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Team discount at all venues and itison with comp. event tickets
- Company socials
- Enhanced maternity & paternity
- Learning grant
- Part of an independent group, Sunday Times top 100 place to work, intent on having fun and delivering exceptional experiences