Maggie Mays - General Manager - Full time
Great salary, career opportunities, bonus scheme & benefits package
Love live music? Love sports? Love hospitality?
Maggie Mays is where Glasgow comes to rock! Open from 11am - 3am every day with live music 7 nights a week, and all the big sport events across our screens, Maggie’s is always a lively spot. Home to Maggie’s Buns – the best burger joint in the East End, and an awesome King Pong battleground in our Basement Bar – where you can smash it out in an epic ping pong tournament; we’re looking for a talented General Manager to join our team and get amongst all the action!
To help take Maggie Mays to the next stage of its journey, we need an exceptional GM to lead and inspire the team, drive the business forward, and take Maggie's to the next level!
This role would ideally suit a Senior Assistant Manager looking to step up or an existing GM looking for an exciting change, and a company to grow their career with.
The core missions of the General Manager
We're looking for a skilled and experienced professional to deliver on our core missions to:
- Lead and train the front and back of house teams to create a fun and dynamic place to work.
- Drive the business plan, budgets and product to create a sustainable profit that you can share in.
- Help evolve the brand, the physical space, culture and offering to create something truly unique and best.
Your Support Team
As part of itison venues, owners of seven of the most exciting venues in the City, you'll be backed and developed by an exceptional in-house support team structure, including:
- A senior operations team to help support you and deliver the business plan
- A finance, IT, stock and systems team to train and support you on the admin of the role
- A marketing and digital team to drive customers and events
- An HR team to help train and recruit your team
The core skill set and requirements
- Minimum of two years working at a senior AGM / GM role in a busy environment
- Genuine passion for developing people and exceptional customer service skills
- Track record of leading and developing brilliant teams that have fun together
- A love of all things food and drink!
- Great knowledge and experience of events, including major sporting events, creating and running in-house events, and hosting private functions
- Good understanding of marketing and social media
- Strong ability and understanding of maximising gross profits and margins
- Great attention to detail and ability to follow paperwork and process, from rotas to margin control – full training on systems and process given
The salary and benefits package
- Up to £35k (plus tips) - base dependent on experience
- Performance related bonuses
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Learning grant
- 25% off food & drink at itison Venues
- 10% off at itison.com
- Complimentary tickets to GlasGLOW, Drive in Movies & other itison major events
- Two team parties per year (covid restrictions permitting)
- Part of a growing independent group, Sunday Times top 100 place to work, intent on having fun and delivering exceptional experiences