Brel - General Manager - full time - 12 month fixed term
Great salary, career opportunities, bonus scheme & benefits package
A magical garden (voted the UK's best!), a fully heated indoor and outdoor restaurant, a beautifully converted stables bar and UP; a hot air balloon filled private dining space. Brel is one of the city's most beautiful venues located in the West End's Ashton Lane.
With a year-round event programme, a famed food and drink line up of moules frites & fondues, Belgian beers and Scottish gin's, fire pits and BrelBQ's, Brel's offering is loved by locals and tourists and we're looking for a GM to match!
The core missions of the General Manager
We're looking for a skilled and experienced professional to deliver on our core missions to:
- Lead and train the front and back of house teams to create a fun and dynamic place to work.
- Drive the business plan, budgets and product to create a sustainable profit that you can share in.
- Help evolve the brand, the physical space, culture and offering to create something truly unique and best.
Your Support Team
As part of itison venues, owners of seven of the most exciting venues in the City, you'll be backed and developed by an exceptional in-house support team structure, including:
- A senior operations team to help support you and deliver the business plan
- A finance, IT, stock and systems team to train and support you on the admin of the role
- A marketing and digital team to drive customers and events
- An HR team to help train and recruit your team
The core skill set and requirements
- Minimum of two years working at a senior DM / AGM / GM role in a busy environment
- Genuine passion for developing people and exceptional customer service skills
- Track record of leading and developing brilliant teams that have fun together
- A love of all things food and drink!
- Great knowledge of private events, marketing and social media
- Great attention to detail and ability to follow paperwork and process, from rotas to margin control – full training on systems and process given
The salary and benefits package
- Great salary package subject to experience
- Performance related bonus package
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Team discount at all venues and itison with comp event tickets
- Company socials
- Enhanced maternity & paternity
- Learning grant
- Part of an independent group, Sunday Times top 100 place to work, intent on having fun and delivering exceptional experiences