itison major events - seasonal events teams
GlasGLOW and Elfingrove are back!
We’re looking for talented individuals to join our itison events team and help deliver two of the biggest events in Scotland this Winter!
At itison, we believe life is about the experience.
We are delighted to be bringing back two major events for over 300,000 families and friends to enjoy this winter. Our world-class events team are set to deliver two of Scotland's biggest events; GlasGLOW at the Botanic Gardens over Halloween and Elfingrove, Scotland’s largest Ice with festive food & drink venue in the grounds of Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum this Christmas and you have the opportunity to be part of it!
What jobs do we have?
We’re looking for passionate and talented people who are interested in or have experience in major outdoor events and hospitality, with a range of roles that can easily fit round other work up for grabs:
- Steward team
- Costumed Stewards – GlasGLOW Only (with audience interaction, so you’ll want some good chat)
- Bar & Catering team
- Skate team – Elfingrove Only
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for outgoing, passionate and skilled individuals. You don’t necessarily need loads of experience, as long as you have the enthusiasm to make up for it. Training will be provided.
You might be:
- Experienced in outdoor or large events
- Experienced working in a hospitality venue, this might be working in a bar or a restaurant
- Currently working in the creative industry – we have day and evening shifts available, so roles could work around other jobs/college or university.
- A student, particularly in the events, creative and hospitality sectors.
- You’ll definitely want to be hardy and happy to work outside – waterproofs will be provided, but please don’t apply if you don’t like the idea of working in the rain (it is Scotland in Winter after all!)
What you'll be doing
No matter where you’re working, your job will be to look after thousands of visitors attending each night and make sure they have a brilliant time.
Roles & Responsibilities will vary dependent on role but may include:
- General event set up and breakdown for each show
- Scanning tickets, managing queues and working at the box office
- Directing and managing foot flow along the route
- Answering guest enquiries
- Serving at the bar, Marshmallowland and our catering units
- Assisting the event manager and supervisors as and when needed
- General housekeeping, maintenance and problem solving
- Going over and above to make sure our guests have an unforgettable experience
Key Skills for all roles
- Friendly, fun, and outgoing with a proactive, can-do attitude.
- Sensible, practical, and level-headed
- Passionate about great customer service
- Experienced in outdoor events and always prepared for whatever weather Scotland throws at us
- Adaptable and flexible to changes that need to be made on-site
- Reliable, hardworking, and honest
- Venue: Botanic Gardens, Glasgow, G12 0UE
- Working hours: Variety of shifts between 12noon and 11pm
- Training Days: 20th October 6pm to 9pm and 23rd October 4pm to 7pm
- Test Audience: 24th October 6pm to 8pm
- Preview Evening: 25th October 6pm to 9pm
- Event Run: 26th October to 13th November (Daily 4pm to 11pm)
**Applicants must be able to commit to a minimum of 4 shifts per week and be available for the training dates. Shifts offered will be dependent on final rostering requirements.**
- Venue: Piazza Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow, G3 8AG
- Working hours: Variety of shifts between 9am and 11pm
- Training Days: 21st November 5pm to 9pm (and additional training for ice marshals w/c 14th November and on 21st and 22nd November)
- Event Run: 23rd November 2022 to 8th January 2023 (site closed Christmas Day and Christmas Eve
- Additional shifts available for prep and closing down the site between 14th November and 22nd November 2022, and 9th January and 13th January 2023.
**Applicants must be available over the festive period (2-3 shifts over Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve and 2nd January) and be able to commit to a minimum of 4 shifts per week and be available for the training dates. Shifts offered will be dependent on final rostering requirements.**
- £11 p/h for stewards
- £12 p/h for senior/supervisory roles (these roles will be discussed with experienced candidates during the recruitment process)
- Waterproof uniforms will be provided
Additional requirements for Skate Team
We’re building a team who have excellent on-ice abilities, are enthusiastic, friendly, have great customer service skills and the ability to work in a pressured environment to deliver the full Elfingrove Ice Magic package!
You’ll be responsible for the safety of all visitors to the rink, the experienced and the not-so-experienced, but mainly ensuring the Ice Experience is a fun and enjoyable for all sharing your skating tips with our visitors.
Shifts will be divided between on the ice and in skate hire, and general duties as a member of the Elfingrove team. At times you will be required to be a Skate Mate, assisting small groups of skaters, including young children.
Significant experience on the ice is required and you must be a confident active skater, who attends training and practice on a regular basis. You will be required to demonstrate skating forwards, backwards and making a controlled stop. Preferably Skate UK Level 2 or above.
We want people who are confidence to assist and guide visitors with access requirements.
Assist Ice Technicians with appropriate ice maintenance and resurfacing as required.
First Aid certificates and existing PVG/DBS checks (if non-business specific) could be beneficial but are not essential. Training will be provided, and PVG checks completed for any roles that require them (Elfingrove only).
Additional training days for Skate team:
- Skate Assessment TBC
- First Aid Training week commencing 14th November
- 21st November 1pm to 9pm
- 22nd November 10am to 2pm or 5pm to 9pm