Graphic Designer - Full time - Glasgow
At itison we believe life is about the experience.
We match our 1.7 million members with the best local experiences; work with over 5,000 of the best local and national businesses; create Scotland’s most spectacular major events; own and operate some of the best local venues and set up our own charity, itison us, to give experiences to those who need them the most.
We also believe that the experience starts with us, with an amazing culture, benefits and working environment.
We’re looking for a graphic designer with at least two year's experience to join our busy design and marketing team working across itison, our major events and venues.
What’s the role?
Based in our award-winning Glasgow HQ with hybrid working, you’ll support the lead designer across three exciting areas of the business where your work will be seen by millions.
1. Major events – you'll be designing for Scotland’s largest events including GlasGLOW, Elfingrove and Drive In Movies with over 350,000 annual event-goers.
Your work will go across web, print and marketing collateral to bring these annually changing epic events to life.
2. itison venues - You’ll work across itison’s portfolio of the best local venues - Sloans, Brel, Maggie May’s, Epicures and Shucks - working to develop new brands, event concepts, social campaigns, venue websites and the digital and print marketing requirements of a busy venues group.
3. itison brand marketing – working within the wider marketing team you’ll design and create brand campaigns primarily for social to excite and engage our membership.
You’ll be confident working alone or creating within a team to get to the best result.
This role is fast paced, fun and often with tight deadlines.
We’re looking for someone who loves creating epic design whilst appreciating the detail of marketing collateral. Organisational ability to work across multiple projects and meet tight deadlines is essential.
Key skills & experience:
- Creative background coupled with strong commercial awareness
- Fluent across the Adobe Creative Suite inc InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
- Experience of pitching creative ideas and taking people on the creative journey
- Ability to design websites ideally in Squarespace (or the ability to learn!)
- Background of creating branding and supporting assets including logos
- Experience of creating menus, invitations, posters & social media assets
- Knowledge of preparing files for print
- Clear communication and exceptional organisational skills
- A degree in graphic design coupled with at least two years’ experience in either agencies, or a high paced consumer design team working to tight deadlines
Package & benefits
- Salary £21k - £28k depending on experience
- Annual company bonus (based on performance)
- Private Health Care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 10% itison discount and 50% discount at all itison-owned venues
- Enhanced maternity/paternity
- Learning grant
- Lunchtime yoga and Pilates classes
- Holiday-buy scheme
- Birthday day off
- Paid company socials
- Free tickets to all our major events (Drive-In Movies, GlasGLOW, Elfingrove, and more to come)
- Charity day – paid time off to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Fantastic work environment and unending fruit bowl, cereal bar, and full bar set up in the office for Friday Prosecco (or healthy drink if preferred)