- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Full Time
- Mission Control
- Entry Level
At itison we believe life is about the experience. We’re on a mission to match our 1.7 million members with the best local experiences to share with their favourite people.
We do this by working with over 5,000 of the best local and national businesses; creating our own spectacular major events; operating our own portfolio of leading venues and launching our own charitable arm, itison us, to give great experiences to those who need them most.
We're headquartered in Glasgow with offices around the UK. We are proud of our culture, team and environment and whilst the global pandemic has been a major challenge in our sector, we’re more determined than ever to spread our mission of giving amazing experiences to enjoy in the real world.
About the role and you
We are looking for a smart, hard-working, friendly and well-mannered individual, with strong communication and organisation skills, and keen attention to detail, to join our team as a Sales Administrator.
Working within our Mission Control (Commercial Operations) team, you will play a key role in checking and processing the deals and events that feature on our website, and the daily emails that are sent to over 1.5 million itison members across Scotland and the North of England every day.
Key tasks will include copywriting, data processing, fact checking, and liaising with the businesses we work with to make sure everything looks tip-top before it goes live on our site!
Full training will be provided on team tasks and on our company systems.
You will also support other internal departments, such as our sales and marketing teams, helping with data input and data cleansing, producing reports, and troubleshooting to make sure everything runs smoothly and efficiently.
The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
This role will be fully based in our Glasgow HQ.
- Checking and processing the detail of our deals and events features
- Copywriting, data processing, fact checking and correcting
- Setting up and maintaining our in-house booking system, Reservations Manager
- Liaising with the businesses we work with, both on the phone and over email
- Building and checking our daily round-up, and editorial emails before they are sent out to all our itison members
- Supporting other departments with tasks such as data input and cleansing, producing and running reports, answering phone calls, and troubleshooting problems
- Other ad-hoc tasks as needed to support across the company
- Smart and well organised
- Thorough approach to work and strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and good at problem-solving
- Confident with computers and experience of MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- An ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable, with good timekeeping and attendance
- Salary up to £21k depending on experience
- Staff discount
- Private medical
- Duvet days and summer/winter school (our equivalent of flexi-time)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity
- Learning grant
- Birthday holiday
- Volunteering time
- Opportunities for progression and the best equipment to do your job
- Great colleagues and regular social events
- State of the art HQ, with lunchtime yoga and Pilates classes, relaxation and stretching zones, cereal bar, soft-drink fridge and a never-ending fruit bowl
- Prosecco Friday – round off the week with a glass of fizz (or a beer, gin, diet coke... you get the drift!)
No recruiters or agencies please