Event Producer - 12 Month Fixed Term - Major Outdoor Events
Glasgow Head Office & Event Locations
itison is one of Scotland’s largest event owners and producers, putting on world class events for over 300,000 event goers annually.
Our goal is to light up the dark months and deliver exceptional experiences that bring joy and escapism whilst leaving lasting positive impact in the communities we work. See GlasGLOW and Elfingrove for our two major outdoor events.
With unparalleled creative, marketing and in-house expertise, we’re looking for an experienced outdoor event producer to join the team and help expand our events.
This position is initially a 12-month contract, with the potential of a long term, permanent role.
What you’ll be doing
Our model is to create and fund world class unique events, each with their own execution plan, business model and delivery teams usually made up of internal itison teams supplemented by the best freelance technical and creative talent around.
This role is to join our internal event team at a senior level, based in our Glasgow head office. You will be the key person responsible for producing and managing our world class events and directly work and report into Oli, our CEO and event creator.
What to expect from the role
A lot of fun and reward, but also hard work – you’ll need to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be able to think on your feet and deal with the occasional curve-ball.
You’ll need to have the core competencies we’ve asked for to do this role and have a passion for delivering unique and magical outdoor event experiences.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 4 years' experience of working at a senior level on major outdoor events, ideally ticketed to the public
- Expertise across core disciplines of:
- Venue and outdoor space management
- Licencing and compliance
- Building and co-ordinating design and production teams
- Managing an internal team and bank of freelancers to support each event
- Health and safety
- Running order and site management
- Budget control – income & expenditure
- Supplier management and negotiation
- Working and directing multi-disciplinary teams
- Operational & logistical management
- Planning & scheduling – overall planning of all aspects of events & timescales including build and de-rig
- Community & stakeholder engagement
- Development of new events including business modelling, ticket modelling and building creative
- A desire to go the extra mile and make every event unique, magical and nothing less than a 5* star experience for each and every event goer
- A hands-on approach to problem solving and a curiosity to learn
- Strong leadership and a brilliant motivator – working on site can be tough, you’ll be responsible for galvanising great teams and maintaining our approach for each itison event crew to have as good an experience as the event goers.
- A set of waterproofs
Package & Benefits
- Salary from £38k to £42k, depending on experience
- Private Health Care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- itison discount and discount at all itison owned venues
- Enhanced maternity/paternity
- Learning grant
- Lunchtime yoga and Pilates classes
- Holiday-buy scheme
- Birthday day off
- Paid company socials
- Free tickets to all our major events (Drive-In Movies, GlasGLOW and more to come)
- Charity day – paid day to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Fantastic work environment and unending fruit bowl, cereal bar, and full bar set up in the office for Friday Prosecco (or healthy drink if preferred)
No agencies or recruiters please.