Assistant General Manager - Maggie Mays
Great salary, career opportunities & benefits package
Love live music? Love sports? Love hospitality?
Maggie Mays is where Glasgow comes to rock! Open from 11am - 3am every day with live music 7 nights a week, and all the big sport events across our screens, Maggie’s is always a lively spot. Home to Maggie’s Buns – the best burger joint in the East End, and an awesome King Pong battleground in our Basement Bar – where you can smash it out in an epic ping pong tournament; we’re looking for an AGM to join our team and get amongst all the action!
The core missions of the Assistant General Manager
We’re looking for a skilled and experienced professional to:
- Support the GM to lead and train the front and back of house teams and create a fun and dynamic place to work.
- Help drive the business plan, budgets and product to create a sustainable profit that you can share in.
- Help evolve the brand, the physical space, culture and offering to create something truly unique and best.
Your support team
As part of itison venues, owners of six of the most exciting venues in the City, you’ll be backed and developed by an exceptional in-house support team structure, including:
- A General Manager to help support you in running the day to day operations
- A senior operations team to help support you and deliver the business plan
- A finance, IT, stock and systems team to train and support you on the admin of the role
- A marketing and digital team to drive customers and events
- An HR team to help train and recruit
The core skill set and requirements
- Minimum of one year working at senior Duty Manager / AGM role in a busy hospitality environment.
- Genuine passion for managing and developing teams that have fun together.
- Track record of exceptional customer service skills.
- A love of all things food and drink!
- Experience of running busy shifts and events.
- Great attention to detail and the ability to follow paperwork and process; from rotas to margin control - full training on systems and process given
The salary and benefits package
- Salary £24,500 + tips + bonus
- Performance related bonuses
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Learning grant
- 50% off food & drink at itison Venues
- 10% off at itison.com
- Complimentary tickets to GlasGLOW, Drive in Movies & other itison major events
- Two team parties per year (covid restrictions permitting)
- Part of a growing independent group, Sunday Times top 100 place to work, intent on having fun and delivering exceptional experiences