itison is Scotland’s number one deals and events service, helping over a million members across Scotland and the North of England discover great new places to go and things to do in their cities, from five-star hotels to brand-new restaurants and local favourites.
We’re also a Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work For and our Glasgow HQ was dubbed Scotland’s coolest office in the press.
We're looking for a talented Web / UI Designer to join our team.
About the role
Based in our Glasgow city-centre head office, you’ll work across all of our properties: customer and business facing sites and native apps, email, as well as the odd bit of print. You’ll be able to contribute immediately, and with more than a million members your work will be seen and enjoyed by an enormous national audience.
There might not be an average day, but at any one time you could be working on:
- Improvements to to make it easier, quicker and more enjoyable for customers to use our site and their vouchers.
- New services or functionality for both customers and businesses, to expand our offering to both.
- Email design. From a daily deal email to customers to a financial report email to businesses, email is a core part of our business and we want them to be friendly, helpful and to excel at their function.
- A little bit of everything else. It could be launching in a new city, or putting together training guides to help businesses use itison - whatever it is we always want the design to be excellent.
That's a little bit about us. We'd love to hear from you if:
- You’re a confident web / UI designer who enjoys solving problems both big and small.
- You have a good understanding of HTML, CSS and other web technologies. You won’t need to code, but you should know what’s out there and available.
- You're organised (and your designs are too); you're able to self-manage and deliver your work. You'll be given feedback & support throughout, but from a brief you should be able to start planning from sketches to wireframes, and wireframes to finished designs.
- You should be happy and able to present your own work, gain feedback and hand over designs to a developer.
- You should have professional experience in a web or UI design setting.
- We use Sketch, Invision and Trello a lot, as well as other software. You should have experience with each or similar, and should be happy learning new software and systems.
As well as being a Sunday Times Top 100 company, joining the itison team comes with loads of great benefits:
- itison discount
- Private medical insurance
- Duvet days and summer/winter school (our equivalent of flexi-time)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity benefits
- Half-day off on your birthday
- Learning grant
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities for progression and a company-wide mentor scheme
- Great colleagues and regular socials - recent outings include the Edinburgh Festival and West End Fiesta
- State-of-the-art office offering lunchtime pilates classes, relaxation zones, and a bar area fully stocked with breakfast cereals, soft drinks and fruit.
- Prosecco Friday – round off the week with a company-wide catch-up and a glass of fizz, beer, gin, or soft drink.
No agencies or recruiters, please