A Sunday Times Top 100 company, itison has helped over a million members across Scotland and the North of England discover great new places to go and things to do in their cities, from five-star hotels to brand-new restaurants and local favourites.
We’re looking for a Graduate/New Business Manager to join our first-class team. This is an amazing opportunity to join a fantastic, fast-growing business, with excellent career progression opportunities.
We're the best, and we expect the best. We only hire super-talented, positive people who want to work at one of the country's most exciting and fast-growing companies - if that sounds like you, read on.
What you’ll be doing
Based in our Glasgow HQ but looking after our Newcastle features, you’ll be tasked with developing new business accounts for itison in and around Newcastle and the North East of England.
Every day we bring amazing offers to our members, and it’ll be your job to help find and negotiate these market-leading features to ensure that we have the very best that the North East has to offer.
You will work week about, spending one week in Glasgow and every second week living and working in Newcastle (accommodation and travel expenses will be covered for this).
You’ll need to be great at business development, lead generation and conversion, smart, confident, organised and have bags of energy and enthusiasm, as well as knowing where to find top local places and activities.
This role will involve pitching to businesses over the phone and face to face, so you'll need to be an engaging communicator, tenacious, and fearless to boot. It's also essential that you're flexible and happy to travel, as this is a fundamental part of the job role.
Our New Business Managers are the first point of contact for the businesses we work with. You’ll be liaising with senior people in other companies, and local business owners, so as well as building great relationships, we’ll expect you to be an ambassador for itison and be both personable and professional.
What this job is
- Fast paced – this role is challenging with tough targets, deadlines and expectations. You’ll need to be hard working, resilient and bring your A game every day, to stay on top of your workload and deliver the results we expect.
- Creative – whether you’re advising a business on the best way to structure a feature with us or you’re researching ideas for new and exciting offerings, you’ll need to be creative, have vision, and an ability to think outside the box.
- A great future – this job is brilliant for someone who’s as ambitious (we’re growing fast) and passionate as we are, keen to develop themselves, and looking for a career, not just a job.
What to expect
- A lot of fun and reward, but also hard work – you’ll need to be energetic, intelligent, organised, resilient, self-motivated and quick to learn.
- You’ll need to have the core attributes we’ve asked for, but you’ll also have the support of an incredible team at itison and talented people to learn from.
- We are firm believers that there is no substitute for hands-on experience, so whilst there will be lots of training and support, expect to be thrown in at the deep end early on, and be prepared to make a few mistakes, challenge yourself and be challenged.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree educated with a first class or upper second class (2:1) honours degree, in any discipline
- Recently graduated, with 2 - 3 years’ professional work experience
- Articulate, fun and dynamic
- Intelligent, professional and up for a challenge
- Great with people and at building relationships
- Intelligent, professional and up for a challenge
- An exceptional and driven developer of new business, with a proven track record and a desire to be the best
- A confident and engaging communicator and presenter, both spoken and written
- Super-organised, adaptable and used to managing your own time and workload
- A skilled negotiator who doesn’t give up easily
- Enthusiastic, energetic and a team player – you’ll be personally accountable for your own targets, so you need to be independent, but also bring energy and positivity to the team.
- Happy and willing to live and work across different locations - this role will involve considerable time (living and working) in Newcastle.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience of sales, targets and working to deadlines (ideally B2B) and are used to a fast-paced environment
- You have experience in a related sector, such as hospitality, leisure, or PR/advertising
- You’re well connected and know your city and the best places to go
- You’re self-assured and confident you can do this role
Sound like you? Apply and tell us more.
As well as being a Sunday Times Top 100 company joining the itison team comes with loads of great benefits:
- itison discount
- Private medical
- Duvet days and summer school (our equivalent of flexi-time)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity benefits
- Extra half-day holiday for your birthday
- Opportunities for progression and the best tech to do your job
- Great colleagues and regular socials (recent outings include the Edinburgh Festival and West End Fiesta at the Kelvingrove Bandstand)
- Regular trips to our state-of-the-art HQ with lunchtime yoga & Pilates classes, relaxation and stretching zones, cereal bar, soft-drink fridge and a never-ending fruit bowl
- Prosecco Friday – round off the week with a company-wide town hall and a glass of fizz (or a beer, or gin… you get the drift!)