Restaurant Host – Brel, Maggie Mays & Sloans - full time (variable hours)
Competitive salary, career opportunities & benefits package
itison Venues are the proud owners of some of Glasgow’s most well known and best-loved spots: Brel, Maggie Mays, The Griffin, Sloans and Jacques.
From Brel’s bustling beer garden to Sloans' party season. itison venues are some of the city’s most exciting venues for a career in hospitality
We’re looking for experienced restaurant hosts to join our first-class teams in Brel, Sloans and Maggie Mays.
The core missions of the Restaurant Host
As Restaurant Host, you will be the friendly face that welcomes our customers, as well as the person who keeps our bookings and reservations running smoothly. You’ll help to manage time and service at tables, and manage pre-order packages. You'll have a positive and engaging personality and bring this to every customer interaction you have, so that our customers love the experience they have and come back time and time again.
We’re looking for a skilled and experienced Host to:
- Support the management and front of house teams and create a fun, dynamic place to work.
- Greet and seat customers and work with our team to create a safe and friendly atmosphere, great first impressions, and exceptional ‘socially distanced’ service.
- Assist the management team in managing reservations, walk-in customers, pre-orders, and the smooth running of the bookings’ diary on a day to day basis.
Your support team
As part of itison venues, owners of six of the most exciting venues in the City, you’ll be backed and developed by an exceptional in-house support team structure.
The core skill set and requirements
- Minimum of one year working as a Host in a large, busy restaurant with multiple areas
- Genuine passion for the hospitality industry and a love of all things food and drink
- Exceptionally organised with great time management skills and efficiency
- Proactive problem solver who is quick thinking and adaptable
- Track record of excellent customer service and confident dealing with customer feedback and occasional complaints
- Calm under pressure and used to managing volume bookings (on a busy day, we'll have about 400 customers booked in)
- Experience of booking and reservation systems and dealing with phone, email and face to face booking enquiries
- Great attention to detail and the ability to follow paperwork, process, and use various systems (full training on systems and processes will be given)
- Great team player with superb communication skills and a positive and willing attitude
- A winning personality that our customers will love!
The salary and benefits package
- Competitive salary - £9 per hour
- Team discount at all venues and itison with comp event tickets
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company socials
- Part of an independent group, Sunday Times top 100 place to work, intent on having fun and delivering exceptional experiences.