We’re looking for a talented Web/UI Designer to join our team to work on our websites and native apps.
Initially working from home, and thereafter at our Glasgow city-centre HQ, this role will see you working within a small Design team to help improve our existing products and services.
We’re looking for someone with the design experience and skills, enthusiasm and creativity, and problem solving skills required to improve our customer and business facing products with clean solutions and enjoyable experiences.
What's the role?
Initially based from home and thereafter from our Glasgow city-centre HQ, you’ll work across all of our properties: customer and business facing sites and native apps, email, as well as the odd bit of print. You’ll be able to contribute immediately, and with more than 1.5 million members your work will be seen and enjoyed by an enormous national audience.
This is a varied role, involving work across many projects and skillsets, including:
- Iterative improvements to our sites and apps to make them easier, quicker and more enjoyable for customers to use.
- New services or functionality for both customers and businesses.
- Email design. From a daily deal email to customers to a financial report email to businesses, email is a core part of our business and we want them to be friendly, helpful and to excel at their function.
- A little bit of everything else. It could be working across a marketing campaign for a new product launch, or putting together training guides to help businesses use itison - whatever it is we always want the design to be excellent.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You’re a confident Web/UI designer who enjoys solving problems both big and small.
- You're organised (and your designs are too); you're able to self-manage and deliver your work. You'll be given feedback & support throughout, but from a brief you should be able to start planning from sketches to wireframes, and wireframes to finished designs.
- You have a good understanding of HTML, CSS, and other web technologies. You won’t need to code, but you should know what’s out there and available.
- You should be happy and able to present your own work, gain feedback and hand over designs to a developer.
- You should have professional experience in a web or UI design setting.
- We primarily use Sketch and Invision, as well as the Adobe CC suite as required. You should have experience with each or similar and should be happy learning new software and systems.
The salary and benefits package:
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Company bonus (subject to performance)
- Private medical
- Contributory pension scheme
- itison discount
- Discount at all our venues
- Learning grant
- Enhanced maternity/paternity
- Company socials
- Duvet days
- Holiday-buy scheme
- Summer school/Winter school (our equivalent of flexi-time)
- Birthday off
- Volunteering time
- Friday Prosecco time
- Fantastic work environment...and lots of free fruit!
How to apply
Please provide a cover letter as well as your CV. Ensure you include a description of previous professional design experience, and a folio or link to a folio of live examples of your work.
No agencies or recruiters, please