A Sunday Times Top 100 company to work for, itison has helped over a million members across Scotland and the North of England discover great new places to go and things to do in their cities, from five-star hotels to brand-new restaurants and local favourites.
We’re looking for a superstar Graduate/New Business Manager to join our first-class team! This is an amazing opportunity to join a fantastic, fast-growing business, with excellent career progression opportunities.
We're the best, and we expect the best. We only hire super-talented, positive people who want to work at one of the country's most exciting and fastest-growing companies - if that sounds like you, read on.
What you’ll be doing
Based in our state of the art HQ in Glasgow city centre, you will be part of our team of roving New Business Managers, tasked with developing new business accounts for itison, across all our cities.
Every day we bring amazing offers to our members, and it’ll be your job to help find and negotiate these market-leading features to ensure that we have the very best each city has to offer.
You’ll need to be great at business development, lead generation, smart, confident, organised and have bags of energy and enthusiasm, as well as knowing where to find top local places and activities.
This role will involve pitching to businesses over the phone and face to face, so you'll need to be an engaging communicator, tenacious, and fearless to boot. It's also essential that you're flexible and happy to travel, as this will be part of the job role.
Our New Business Managers are the first point of contact for the businesses we work with. You’ll be liaising with senior people in other companies, and local business owners, so as well as being great at building relationships, we’ll expect you to be an ambassador for itison and be both personable and professional.
What this job is
- Fast paced – working at itison is dynamic, exciting and challenging, so you’ll need to be tenacious and bring your A game every day.
- Creative – whether you’re advising a business on the best way to structure a feature with us or you’re researching ideas for new and exciting offerings, you’ll need to be creative and have vision
- A great future – if you’re ambitious, driven, passionate and keen to develop and progress, this provides the opportunity for a career, not just a job.
What to expect
- A lot of fun and reward, but also hard work – you’ll need to be energetic, intelligent, organised, resilient, self-motivated and quick to learn.
- You’ll need to have the core attributes we’ve asked for, but you’ll also have the support of an incredible team at itison and talented people to learn from.
- We are firm believers that there is no substitute for hands-on experience, so whilst there will be lots of training and support, expect to be thrown in at the deep end early on, and be prepared to make a few mistakes, challenge yourself and be challenged.
Qualifications & skills
- Ideally degree educated, but not essential if you're smart and have good experience
- 2-5 years’ professional work experience
- Articulate, fun and dynamic
- Intelligent, professional and up for a challenge
- Great with people and at building relationships
- Creative and comfortable sharing your ideas
- Comfortable using different software systems
- A confident communicator and presenter, both spoken and written
- Comfortable and experienced in phone selling
- Super-organised, adaptable and used to managing your own time and workload
- Enthusiastic, energetic and a team player – you’ll be personally accountable for driving your own development and targets, so you need to be independent, but also bring positivity to the team.
- Flexible and happy to work in different locations – this role will involve working in our other cities.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience of sales, targets and working to deadlines (ideally B2B) and are used to a fast-paced environment
- You have work experience in a related sector, such as hospitality, leisure, or PR/advertising
- You have experience of developing new business accounts
- You’re self-assured, confident and love a challenge
Sound like you? Apply and tell us more.
As well as being a Sunday Times Top 100 company joining the itison team comes with loads of great benefits:
- itison discount
- Private medical
- Duvet days
- Summer school/Winter school (our equivalent of flexi-time)
- Learning grant
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity benefits
- Extra half-day holiday for your birthday
- Opportunities for progression and the best tech to do your job
- Great colleagues and regular socials (recent outings include the Edinburgh Festival and West End Fiesta at the Kelvingrove Bandstand)
- Our state-of-the-art HQ has lunchtime yoga & Pilates classes, relaxation and stretching zones, a cereal bar, soft-drink fridge and a never-ending fruit bowl
- Prosecco Friday – round off the week with a company-wide town hall and a glass of fizz (or a beer, gin, or soft drink… you get the drift!)
No recruiters or agencies please