Kitchen Porter - Sloans
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Full Time
- itison venues
- Entry Level
Kitchen Porter - Sloans – Full time
Great salary, career opportunities & benefits package
We're looking for a Kitchen Porter for one of Glasgow’s oldest and most loved institutions. With a sold-out ceilidh & dining every Friday night, hundreds of weddings big and small booked through till 2024; an amazing weekly in-house event programme; and our own macaroni appreciation club dedicated to our legendary dish - Sloans is looking for a talented and hard-working Kitchen Porter, to join our fast-paced team!
The core missions of the Kitchen Porter
- Support the back-of-house teams and create a fun and dynamic place to work.
- Ensure basic cleaning and preparation are carried out as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Work with all the kitchen team to ensure all food is prepared and presented to a high standard.
Your support team
As part of itison venues, owners of some of the most exciting venues in the City, you’ll be backed and developed by an exceptional in-house support team structure
The core skill set and requirements
- 1-2 years experience working in a busy, fast-paced environment
- A genuine passion for the hospitality industry
- Self-motivated, hard-working, reliable, and punctual
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and work well under pressure
- Track record of maintaining cleanliness and good hygiene standards in the kitchen
- Keen to learn, with an interest in progressing in the kitchen
The salary and benefits package
- £9.50 per hour plus tips
- Contributory pension scheme
- 50% discount at all itison owned venues
- 10% discount on itison.com and complimentary tickets for itison events
- Company socials
- Part of an independent group, Sunday Times top 100 places to work, intent on having fun and delivering exceptional experiences