Head Chef - Brel
Brel - Head Chef - Full Time
Great salary, career opportunities, bonus scheme & benefits package
A magical garden (voted the UK's best!), a fully heated indoor and outdoor restaurant, a beautifully converted stables bar, and fantastic outside patio and hill. Brel is one of the city's most beautiful venues located in the West End's Ashton Lane.
With a year-round event programme, a famed food and drink line up of moules frites & fondues, Belgian beers and Scottish gin's, fire pits and Ashton Lane festivals, Brel's offering is loved by locals and tourists and we're looking for a Head Chef to match!
The core missions of the Head Chef
We’re looking for a skilled and experienced professional to:
- Lead and train the kitchen team to deliver great food in a great environment
- Work alongside the General Manager to drive the business plan, budgets and profitability, to create a sustainable profit that you can share in.
- Help to develop the product offering, kitchen culture, and physical space, to build on an already great product.
Your support team
As part of itison venues, owners of seven of the most exciting venues in the City, you’ll be backed and developed by an exceptional in-house support team structure, including:
- A General Manager to help support you in running the day to day operations
- A senior operations team to help support you and deliver the business plan
- A finance, IT, stock and systems team to train and support you on the admin of the role
- A marketing and digital team to drive customers and events
- An HR team to help train and recruit
The core skill set and requirements
- Minimum of two years working at senior sous chef/head chef level, in a busy high-quality kitchen
- Genuine passion for great food!
- Experienced in leading and developing brilliant teams that work well together
- Track record of delivering exceptional dishes, in a time-pressured environment
- Experience of catering for private events and large group bookings
- Great attention to detail and the ability to follow paperwork and process, from rotas to stock and margin control - full training on systems and process given
The salary and benefits package
- £33k - £36k depending on experience
- Performance related bonus
- Great work/life balance with rota 3 days off and 4 days on
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Team discount at all venues and itison with comp. event tickets
- Company socials
- Enhanced maternity & paternity
- Learning grant
- Part of an independent group, Sunday Times top 100 place to work, intent on having fun and delivering exceptional experiences