Finance Administrator - 30 hours per week (Mon to Fri: 6 hours per day) - 6 month contract
At itison we believe life is about the experience. We’re on a mission to match our 1.7 million members with the best local experiences to share with their favourite people.
We do this by working with over 5,000 of the best local and national businesses; creating our own spectacular major events; operating our own portfolio of leading venues and launching our own charitable arm, itison us, to give great experiences to those who need them the most.
We're headquartered in Glasgow with offices around the UK. We are proud of our culture, team and environment and whilst the global pandemic has been a major challenge in our sector, we’re more determined than ever to spread our mission of giving amazing experiences to enjoy in the real world.
We’re looking for an exceptional and experienced Finance Administrator, to join our head office team.
What you’ll be doing
Working from home initially and then from our Glasgow HQ when restrictions permit, you'll be responsible for providing support and assistance to our existing Finance team. You will have a passion for numbers and problem solving, work at a high pace and have a clear and methodical approach to your work. You’ll need to be a highly resourceful individual, with first-rate accuracy and a great work ethic.
This is a part time position (5 days per week - 6 hours per day) on a six month contract, based remotely at present and from our head office in Glasgow city centre at a later date.
You should also have a minimum of 3 years’ professional work experience, in a Finance administration role.
What this job is
- Fast paced - you’ll need to be a quick worker, calm under pressure, and bring your A game every day to stay on top of your workload and deliver results
- Creative – reports, analysis and accuracy are integral to this role, but we also want someone with an inquisitive mind, who is always thinking of new and smarter ways of doing things
- A great future – this job is brilliant for someone who’s as ambitious and passionate as we are, keen to develop themselves, and looking for a career, not just a job
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 3 years+ experience working in a busy Finance team
- You have advanced Sage 50 accounting knowledge and are confident in using all aspects of the system; including supplier payments, purchase ledger postings and bank reconciliations
- You have advanced excel skills and are confident in creating data reports
- You have experience using online procurement software (an advantage, not essential)
- You are comfortable with financial reporting and analysing data
- You have very good overall IT Skills and have an aptitude for learning new systems
- Your attention to detail and accuracy is first class
- You are efficient and always looking for smarter ways of working
- You can work independently and use your initiative to solve problems and find solutions quickly
- You're enthusiastic and have a positive approach to working and learning in a fast-paced, growing company
- Experience using Sage payroll is desirable but not essential
- Private Health Care
- Employee Assistance Programme,
- Contributory pension scheme
- itison discount and discount at all itison owned venues
- Enhanced maternity/paternity
- Learning grant
- Lunchtime yoga and Pilates classes
- Holiday-buy scheme
- Birthday day off
- Paid company socials
- Free tickets to all our major events (Drive-In Movies, GlasGLOW and more to come)
- Charity day – paid day to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Fantastic work environment and unending fruit bowl, cereal bar, and full bar set up in the office for Friday Prosecco (or healthy drink if preferred)
No recruiters or agencies please