Assistant General Manager - Brel
Assistant General Manager – Brel – Full Time (approx. 45 Hours p/w)
We believe life is about the experience and we have great benefits in place to make sure the experience starts with you:
- From £27.5k, depending on experience + approx. £2 service charge p/h
- 100% of service charge goes to the team
- Free meal and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks on shift
- 50% off food and drink across itison venues with friends and family
- Private medical insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme to look after your mental wellbeing
- Complimentary tickets to itison major events
- 10% off at itison.com
- Taxi contribution for anyone working past 1am
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity
- Team Incentives including Employee of the Month
- Two fully paid socials a year
- Fully funded external training courses
- Great work/life balance with a rota that can suit varied shift patterns
- Great opportunities to develop and progress
About the Role
At itison venues, our main mission is to bring great experiences to all of our customers and we are looking for people who are just as passionate about doing this as we are!
As the Assistant General Manager, you will support the GM to:
- Oversee the daily operation and lead the team to deliver the best service possible to our customers on the bar and the floor.
- Training the team & maintaining the high standards that are in place
- Effectively manage costs, showing a solid understanding of budgets, KPI’s and creating rotas whilst managing team cost.
- Maintain a high level of compliance management in areas such as licensing, risk assessments and health & safety procedures.
- Build relationships with the whole team and use these to guide and motivate them towards delivering unforgettable experiences.
About the Venue
A magical garden (voted the UK's best!), a fully heated indoor and outdoor restaurant, a beautifully converted stables bar, and fantastic outside patio and hill. Brel is one of the city's most beautiful venues located in the West End's Ashton Lane.
With a year-round event programme, a famed food and drink line up of moules frites & fondues, Belgian beers and Scottish gin's, fire pits and Ashton Lane festivals, Brel's offering is loved by locals and tourists and we're looking for an Assistant General Manager to match it!
This role would suit someone in an existing AGM role, looking for an exciting change, or a strong/experienced Duty Manager/Supervisor, looking for a step up.
If you are looking for variety and love being busy – you’re in the right place!
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a genuine passion for food & drink and giving the best service to our customers with at least 2 years management experience in a hospitality environment.
- Takes their role seriously and can communicate effectively with their team.
- An honest and hardworking team player who can be flexible and adaptable.
- Has a current, valid Personal Licence obtained in Scotland
About the Process
If you think this sounds like the right role for you, then we would love for you to apply. If we like your application, we will be in touch to arrange an interview with you.