Head Chef - Epicures by Cail Bruich – Full time
Great salary, career opportunities & benefits package
Epicures by Cail Bruich is a contemporary neighbourhood spot serving brunch classics; casual all-day dining & fresh pastries & cakes from our in-house bakery. Brought to you by the team behind Michelin starred Cail Bruich.
We're looking for a talented Head Chef to join our first class team.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and people skills, a great personality, and experience of working in a multi-functioning venue that caters for large capacity events, such as weddings.
The core missions of the Head Chef
We're looking for a skilled and talented professional to:
- Lead and train the kitchen team to deliver great food in a great environment
- Work alongside the General Manager to drive the business plan, budgets and profitability, to create a sustainable profit that you can share in.
- Help to develop the food offering, kitchen culture, and physical space, to build on an already great product.
Your support team
As part of itison venues, owners of 6 of the most exciting venues in the City, you'll be backed and developed by an exceptional in-house support team structure, including:
- A General Manager to help support you in running the day to day operations
- A senior operations team to help support you and deliver the business plan
- A finance, IT, stock and systems team to train and support you on the admin of the role
- A marketing and digital team to drive customers and events
- An HR team to help train and recruit
The core skill set and requirements
- 2 years+ working at Head Chef role, in a busy kitchen
- Drive and ambition - someone who would likely grow into the role for the next 5 or so years
- Strong people management / leadership skills, and a great personality
- Experience in leading and developing brilliant teams that work well together
- Track record of delivering exceptional dishes, in a busy, time-pressured environment
- Experience of multi-functioning venues and managing events
- A keen, fast learner who is ready to hit the ground running
- Great attention to detail and the ability to follow paperwork and process, from rotas to stock and margin control - full training on systems and process given
The salary and benefits package
- Base salary package of 36k
- Performance related bonus
- Great work/life balance with rota 3 days off and 4 days on
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Team discount at all venues and itison with comp. event tickets
- Company socials
- Enhanced maternity & paternity
- Part of an independent group, Sunday Times top 100 place to work, intent on having fun and delivering exceptional experiences