Sloans – Head Chef
Great salary, career opportunities, bonus scheme & benefits package
A rare opportunity for a talented Head Chef to head up the team at one of Glasgow’s oldest and most loved institutions. With a sold-out ceilidh & dining every Friday night, hundreds of weddings big and small booked through till 2024; an amazing weekly in-house event programme; and our own macaroni appreciation club dedicated to our legendary dish - Sloans is looking for an top notch Head Chef to join our fast-paced team, help us keep traditions going, and introduce some new ones!
This role would suit a Senior Sous Chef looking to progress, or an existing Head Chef looking for an exciting change. Someone with drive and ambition who will grow into, and with, the role.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and people skills, a great personality, and experience of working in a multi-functioning venue that caters for large capacity events, such as weddings.
The core missions of the Head Chef
We’re looking for a skilled and talented professional to:
- Lead and train the kitchen team to deliver great food in a great environment
- Work alongside the General Manager to drive the business plan, budgets and profitability, to create a sustainable profit that you can share in.
- Help to develop the food offering, kitchen culture, and physical space, to build on an already great product.
Your support team
As part of itison venues, owners of 7 of the most exciting venues in the City, you’ll be backed and developed by an exceptional in-house support team structure, including:
- A General Manager to help support you in running the day to day operations
- A senior operations team to help support you and deliver the business plan
- A finance, IT, stock and systems team to train and support you on the admin of the role
- A marketing and digital team to drive customers and events
- An HR team to help train and recruit
The core skill set and requirements
- 2 years+ working at Senior Sous Chef / Head Chef role, in a busy kitchen
- Drive and ambition - someone who would likely grow into the role for the next 5 or so years
- Strong people management / leadership skills, and a great personality
- Experience in leading and developing brilliant teams that work well together
- Track record of delivering exceptional dishes, in a busy, time-pressured environment
- Experience of multi-functioning venues and managing large capacity functions / events
- A keen, fast learner who is ready to hit the ground running
- Great attention to detail and the ability to follow paperwork and process, from rotas to stock and margin control - full training on systems and process given
The salary and benefits package
- Salary £35k (plus tips) depending on experience
- Performance related bonus
- Great work/life balance with rota 3 days off and 4 days on
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Team discount at all venues and itison with comp. event tickets
- Company socials
- Enhanced maternity & paternity
- Part of an independent group, Sunday Times top 100 place to work, intent on having fun and delivering exceptional experiences