We’re looking for a talented business development manager to join our city team to help us in our mission to connect people through the power of amazing experiences.
itison has grown in membership, size, and profitability every year since we started out, and we’re looking for an ambitious, energetic and driven business development manager to help us continue to grow our business sustainably.
Our City (Sales) Team are at the forefront of delivering growth for itison, responsible for driving double-digit growth every year through sourcing and negotiating incredible experiences in our local areas.
Based in our Dundee office, with some time spent in our Glasgow HQ, you’ll be responsible for finding new opportunities in Dundee and the surrounding areas, discovering the best experiences, and working closely with businesses on smart strategies to help them grow.
What’s the role?
- Hunting out amazing experiences our members will love, every day
- Spotting and converting new business opportunities, pitching to senior levels face-to-face and over the phone
- Building on established relationships and coming up with ideas for new opportunities for your accounts
- Working with senior teams in local and global brands to develop long-term strategies based on their objectives
- Grow and develop your pipeline by building amazing relationships with key people
Do you fit the bill?
- Intelligent, professional and up for a challenge
- A people person who’s brilliant at building relationships at all levels
- An exceptional and driven developer of new business, with a proven track record and a desire to bet the best
- A skilled negotiator who doesn’t give up easily
- A confident and engaging communicator and presenter
- Super-organised, adaptable and used to managing your own time and workload
- Enthusiastic, energetic and a team player – you’ll be personally accountable for your own targets, so you need to be independent, but also bring energy and positivity to the team
Working at itison
We’re innovators, thinkers, and risk-takers. We empower our people to achieve great things. We strive to be the best, to continuously improve and push boundaries, but we never lose sight of what matters. We’ve created a positive working environment for our team: filled with possibility and excellence, promoting a healthy work-life balance with space for family and friends, celebrating everything we do and, most of all, fun.
Helping you grow
We’ve worked hard to create a culture that allows our team to succeed and grow, and we’re really proud of it.
- Mentorships with directors and senior management
- Progression opportunities based on hard work and talent, rather than age and experience
- Annual allowance to learn new skills outside work (itisoners have used this grant for everything from languages to cheese tasting and tap dancing)
Looking after our team
Our people are our greatest asset. We want you to be healthy, happy and well looked after.
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity benefits
- Duvet days and early or late start times
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Holiday buy scheme
- Pilates & yoga classes in our purpose-built studio at itison HQ
- Discounted gym membership
- Cereal bar and never-ending fruit bowl
It’s in our DNA to make a difference in our community. With over 1.5 million members and over 4000 businesses, we have a huge voice and we strive to use that power for good, every day.
- Every team member gets an extra day off every year to work with a charity close to their heart
- Our work with homeless charity Social Bite has raised over £2 million, helping build a homeless village and providing hundreds of thousands of hot meals
Having fun is one of our core principles and we take it seriously, in and outside of work.
- Prosecco Fridays - round off the week with a company-wide town hall and a glass of fizz (or a beer, gin, or soft drink…)
- Regular, paid socials - recent outings have included the Edinburgh Festival and Glasgow’s West End Fiesta
- Discount on itison.com and itison Venues, which includes some of Glasgow’s favourite bars and restaurants