PR Account Manager
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Full Time
PR Account Manager
At itison we believe life is about the experience.
We match our 1.7 million members with the best local experiences; work with over 5,000 of the best local and national businesses; create Scotland’s most spectacular major events; own and operate some of the best local venues and set up our own charity, itison us, to give experiences to those who need them the most.
We also believe that the experience starts with us, with an amazing culture, benefits and working environment.
This is an exciting new role to find a creative PR Account Manager to drive our on and offline media presence, manage and grow our network of influencers and create exciting campaigns to promote itison, our portfolio of itison venues (inc. Epicures by Cail Bruich, Shucks, Brel, Sloans & Maggie May’s) and our major events (inc Drive In, GlasgGLOW and Elfingrove).
From bringing George Clooney to Edinburgh and creating Scotland’s largest event in GlasGLOW to raising millions for local charities – our starting point for content is there. Your job is to tell those stories.
What’s the role?
You will be part of the creative team leading the media output for itison, itison major events and itison venues. We’re looking for a PR professional who is bursting with ideas to drive our business and brand forward working directly with our CEO and senior team.
You’ll be brave and skilled in the art of ideation – bringing your own ideas to the party as well as facilitating ideas in the marketing team. Ideas that bring joy, fun and commercial results. Ideas that resonate with our audiences, and ones you have the experience to deliver alongside a super talented team. This is not about gimmicky straplines, but great storytelling that captures the imagination.
You’ll take a fresh approach to generating coverage – this is an online first role and growing and managing our network of influencers will play a significant part - building new relationships, pitching ideas & content and negotiating contracts.
This is a fast-paced role, ideal for someone who loves everything social.
Above all else, you’ll understand the power of a good idea.
Key Skills and Experience:
- A track record of creating and delivering on amazing ideas
- Experience of delivering PR campaigns from concept to delivery - both on and offline
- Experience of working with influencers and managing relationships
- A social first approach to launching campaigns and ideas
- Experience managing social channels
- Superb planning skills to plan campaigns and calendars of activity
- Ability to articulate your ideas through brilliant copy and amazing storytelling.
- Experience working with and directing designers, videographers and other content creators to bring ideas to life.
- Well-organised and able to manage challenging deadlines across multiple projects
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and well-accustomed to getting the job done in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Get your sleeves rolled up and stuck in to try new things and learn what generates results
- A passion for enjoying new experiences and a thirst for ideas
- A track record of creating and delivering ideas in a consumer world, ideally in hospitality, events or consumer brand settings.
Within the world of marketing, PR and digital converging, it’s likely you’ll have had a career in the sort of consumer roles and levels below:
- PR senior account executive / account manager
- Digital marketing senior account executive / account manager
- Social content creator / manager
This role is based in our Glasgow HQ.
Package & benefits
- Salary up to £40k depending on experience
- Annual company bonus (based on performance)
- Private Health Care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 10% itison discount and 50% discount at all itison-owned venues
- Enhanced maternity/paternity
- Learning grant
- Lunchtime yoga and Pilates classes
- Holiday-buy scheme
- Birthday day off
- Paid company socials
- Free tickets to all our major events (Drive-In Movies, GlasGLOW, Elfingrove, and more to come)
- Charity day – paid time off to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Fantastic work environment and unending fruit bowl, cereal bar, and full bar set up in the office for Friday Prosecco (or healthy drink if preferred)