Operations Manager - itison Venues - Full time - Glasgow
Great salary, career opportunities, bonus scheme & benefits package
itison venues are proud owners of seven of the most exciting, well known and best-loved venues in the City; Sloans, Brel, Maggie Mays, The Griffin, Jacques, Nicks, and Epicures. We're on a mission to change the way we do hospitality and lead the way within the industry, and we're looking for an experienced and talented Operations Manager to join our team and help us drive this forward.
Working across all our venues, you will be responsible for managing the operations and overseeing the day to day running of the venues. You’ll need to be smart, confident, organised, energetic and brilliant at managing people and developing teams.
We're the best, and we expect the best. We only hire super-talented, positive people who want to work at one of Glasgow's most exciting and fastest-growing venue groups - if that sounds like you, read on.
The core missions of the Operations Manager
We're looking for a skilled and experienced professional to deliver on our core missions to:
- Lead from the front, creating a fun and dynamic work environment, and develop the teams across the venues into high performing teams, from junior to senior staff ready for the next challenge.
- Support the Head of Operations with the successful running of the venues, evolving the brands, culture, physical space, and offering, to create something truly unique and best.
- Work with the venue teams to deliver financial targets, fantastic service, food, drinks and events we can be proud of and that customers want to keep coming back for.
The core skill set and requirements
- Minimum of 2 years working in a GM / Ops Manager role in a busy environment
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and a passion for managing and developing people
- Proven track record of leading, motivating and developing brilliant teams that have fun together
- Comfortable making tough decisions and having difficult conversations
- Operational knowledge and experience of running bars, restaurants, kitchens, and events
- Experience running multiple sites or one site with multiple venues/areas
- Excellent organisational skills, great at multi-tasking, and thrive under pressure
- A love of all things food and drink!
- Great attention to detail and experience with rotas, staff wage %'s and margin control
- Experience launching new venues/events/brands would be beneficial
Your Support Team
As part of itison venues, owners of seven of the most exciting venues in the City, you'll be backed and developed by an exceptional in-house support team structure, including:
- A Head of Operations to help support you in delivering the business plan
- A finance, IT, stock and systems team to train and support venue teams
- A marketing and digital team to drive customers and events
- An HR and training team to help recruit and train your team
The salary and benefits package
- Great salary package subject to experience
- Performance-related bonus package
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- itison venues discount
- itison discount
- Complimentary event tickets
- Company socials
- Enhanced maternity & paternity
- Training and development
- Part of an independent group, Sunday Times top 100 place to work, intent on having fun and delivering exceptional experiences