Web/UX Designer - Full-time - Glasgow HQ
At itison we believe life is about the experience.
We match our 1.7 million members with the best local experiences; work with over 5,000 of the best local and national businesses; create Scotland’s most spectacular major events; own and operate some of the best local venues, and set up our own charity, itison us, to give experiences to those who need them the most.
We also believe that the experience starts with us, with an amazing culture, benefits and working environment.
We’re looking for a talented Web/UX Designer to join our team.
What's the role
This is a full-time position for a UK-based designer that ideally lives in or around the Glasgow area.
Working within our Glasgow city-centre HQ, this role will see you working within a small team to help amaze users across customer- and business-facing websites, apps and emails.
We’re looking for someone with the design skill & experience, enthusiasm & creativity, and excellent communication skills required to improve our customer and business-facing products with clean solutions and enjoyable experiences.
You’ll be able to contribute immediately, and with more than 1.7 million members your work will be seen and enjoyed by an enormous national audience.
This is a varied role, involving work across many projects and skillsets, including:
- UI design. Iterative improvements to our sites and apps to make them easier, quicker and more enjoyable for customers to use.
- Web design. New services or functionality for both customers and businesses.
- Visual design. You’ll work closely with Product & UI designers, and will be required to bring a high level of visual design to UI projects.
- Email design. From a daily deal email to customers, to a financial report email to businesses, email is a core part of our business and we want them to be friendly, helpful and to excel at their function.
- Visual and print design, including marketing campaigns for a new product launch, or putting together training guides to help businesses use itison.
This role is based within our Glasgow Merchant City office, though currently in a hybrid working model with 2 days p/w working from home.
Skills & Experience
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You’re a confident Web/UX designer who enjoys solving problems both big and small.
- You love great design. It sounds obvious, but you should have a real interest in consumer-facing design, spotting great examples of it, and thinking of ways to elevate our designs to a higher level.
- You’re organised (and your designs are too); you’re able to self-manage and deliver your work. You’ll be given feedback & support throughout, but from a brief you should be able to start planning from sketches to wireframes, and wireframes to finished designs.
- You have a good understanding of HTML, CSS, and other web technologies. You won’t need to code, but you should know what’s out there and available.
- You should be happy and able to present your own work, gain feedback and hand over designs to a developer.
- You should have professional experience in a web or UI design setting.
- We primarily use Sketch and Invision, as well as the Adobe CC suite as required. You should have experience with each or similar and should be happy learning new software and systems.
The salary and benefits package:
- Salary £25k to £40k depending on experience
- Annual company bonus (based on performance)
- Private Health Care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 10% itison discount and 50% discount at all itison-owned venues
- Enhanced maternity/paternity
- Learning grant
- Lunchtime yoga and Pilates classes
- Holiday-buy scheme
- Birthday day off
- Paid company socials
- Free tickets to all our major events (Drive-In Movies, GlasGLOW, Elfingrove, and more to come)
- Charity day – paid time off to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Fantastic work environment and unending fruit bowl, cereal bar, and full bar set up in the office for Friday Prosecco (or healthy drink if preferred)
How to apply
Please provide a cover letter as well as your CV. Ensure you include a description of previous professional design experience, and a folio or link to a folio of live examples of your work.
No agencies or recruiters, please