itison is Scotland’s number one deals and events service, helping over a million members across Scotland and the North of England discover great new places to go and things to do in their cities, from five-star hotels to brand-new restaurants and local favourites.
We’re also a Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work For and our Glasgow HQ was dubbed Scotland’s coolest office in the press. Not that we like to brag.
We’re looking for a talented and multi-disciplined designer, with a passion for the web, to join our in-house Design team.
What you'll be doing
Based in our Glasgow city-centre head office, this varied and exciting role will allow you to work across all our sites and web apps. With more than a million members, your work will be seen and enjoyed by an enormous national audience.
As a valued part of our team, you’ll be able to affect positive change through design, taking ownership of projects and brand development to create great experiences for our customers.
- Work within the itison design team to help improve and iterate on our industry leading website, as well as designing new applications and experiences for future projects.
- Create designs and prepare materials in support of itison’s marketing initiatives.
- Provide excellent design for all itison's online and offline requirements.
- A confident multi-disciplined designer, with good knowledge of design principles, current web design trends and technologies. You won’t be expected to write HTML or CSS but should have an excellent understanding of their possibilities.
- Able to self-manage projects and deliver all work to deadlines, having a structured, punctual and efficient working method.
- Thorough, diligent, and calm under pressure
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have at least 2 years' professional digital design experience and can demonstrate an excellent understanding of online design standards and possibilities.
- You can take a brief from sketches and wireframes to finished designs ready for development, and are happy presenting and discussing your work at every step.
- You have a pro-active and enthusiastic approach to design - highlighting current weaknesses, providing ideas to improve, and involving yourself creatively whenever possible.
Sound like you? Apply and show us what you’ve got.
As well as being a Sunday Times Top 100 company and our Glasgow HQ being Scotland’s coolest office, joining the itison team comes with loads of great benefits:
- itison discount
- Private medical
- Duvet days and summer school (our equivalent of flexi-time)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity benefits
- Extra half-day holiday for your birthday
- Opportunities for progression and the best tech to do your job
- Great colleagues and regular socials (recent outings include the Edinburgh Festival and West End Fiesta at the Kelvingrove Bandstand)
- State-of-the-art working environment in our incredible new HQ including lunchtime yoga & pilates classes, relaxation and stretching zones, cereal bar, soft-drink fridge and a never-ending fruit bowl
- Prosecco Friday – round off the week with a company-wide town hall and a glass of fizz (or a beer, or gin… you get the drift!)
No agencies or recruiters, please