A Sunday Times Top 100 company, itison has helped over a million members across Scotland and the North of England discover great new places to go and things to do in their cities, from five-star hotels to brand-new restaurants and local favourites.
We’re looking for a Sales & Account Manager to join our growing team covering the North East of England. You’ll need to be great at business development and building relationships, have bags of energy, and know where to find the top local places and activities in your city.
We're the best, and we expect the best. We only hire super-talented, positive people who want to work at one of the country's most exciting and fastest-growing companies - if that sounds like you, read on.
What you’ll be doing
Every day, we speak to over a million people, bringing amazing offers to our members, and it’ll be your job to find and negotiate these market-leading features and ensure that we have the very best that your city has to offer.
Based in our Newcastle office, you’ll be responsible for sourcing features and building up your roster of businesses, in and around the North East.
You must be brilliant at developing great relationships and confident liaising with everyone from CEOs of multinational companies to local business owners. You’ll be the key contact for businesses we work with, so we’ll expect you to be an ambassador for itison, and be both personable and professional.
What this job is
- Fast paced – this role is dynamic, exciting and challenging. You’ll need to be tenacious and bring your A game every day, to stay on top of your workload and deliver results.
- Creative – whether you’re advising a business on how best to structure a feature with us, or generating ideas for new itison features, you’ll need to be creative, have vision, and an ability to think outside the box.
- Progressive – this role will change and develop as your roster of businesses grows. As this happens, you’ll ultimately spend more time account managing and nurturing and developing major businesses.
- Rewarding – you’ll learn a lot and be rewarded financially too - our commission structure is uncapped, so for great sales people the sky’s the limit!
- A great future – this job is brilliant for someone who’s ambitious (we’re growing fast), keen to develop themselves, and looking for a career, as there is opportunity to progress at itison.
What to expect from the role
A lot of fun and reward, but also hard work – you’ll need to be charismatic, organised, resilient, able to deliver on your targets, and provide a high level of account management and expertise.
You’ll need to have the core competencies we’ve asked for to this job well, but we’ll also put you through an intensive training boot camp when you start with us, and you’ll have the support of an incredible team, and our amazing support infrastructure.
- Intelligent, professional and up for a challenge
- An exceptional developer of business, with a proven track record and a desire to be the best
- A confident and engaging communicator and presenter, both spoken and written
- Super-organised, adaptable and used to managing your own time and workload
- A skilled negotiator who doesn’t give up easily
- Enthusiastic, energetic and a team player – you’ll be personally accountable for your own targets so you need to be independent, but also bring energy and positivity to the team.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience of account management, sales, and working to targets and deadlines (ideally in B2B)
- You have experience in a related sector, like PR/advertising, hospitality or leisure
- You’re well connected and know your city and the best places to go
- You thrive under pressure and working to tight timescales
- You’re self-assured and confident you can do this role
Sound like you? Apply and tell us more.
As well as being a Sunday Times Top 100 company joining the itison team comes with loads of great benefits:
- itison discount
- Private medical
- Duvet days and summer school (our equivalent of flexi-time)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity benefits
- Extra half-day holiday for your birthday
- Opportunities for progression and the best tech to do your job
- Great colleagues and regular socials (recent outings include the Edinburgh Festival and West End Fiesta at the Kelvingrove Bandstand)
- Regular trips to our state-of-the-art HQ with lunchtime yoga & pilates classes, relaxation and stretching zones, cereal bar, soft-drink fridge and a never-ending fruit bowl
- Prosecco Friday – round off the week with a company-wide town hall and a glass of fizz (or a beer, or gin… you get the drift!)
No recruiters or agencies please