Best at what you do? So are we.
Scotland’s market-leading deals & events company is coming to Manchester and we want you be part of it.
Our mission is to be the best in everything we do, make a difference and have a lot of fun:
- We’re the market leader in our cities and we only work with quality businesses, from 5* brands to top local gems
- We introduce our 1 million+ members to the best of their city, bringing them exclusive deals, events and group experiences
- We think differently and do good – we brought George Clooney and Leonardo Di Caprio to the UK to have lunch with itison members and raised over £1 million to feed the homeless in the process
- We’re one of the Sunday Times’ Top 100 companies and our Glasgow HQ was dubbed Scotland’s coolest office in the press
- We’re launching in Manchester in summer 2018 and we can’t wait!
We’re looking for an exceptional account manager with excellent relationship management experience to join our Manchester launch team. This is a brilliant opportunity to be part of an exciting launch and join a fantastic, fast-growing business with amazing career opportunities.
What you’ll be doing
Based in our Manchester city centre office, you’ll manage a dynamic portfolio of businesses in and around Greater Manchester.
You’ll need to be exceptional at building relationships, spotting business opportunities and growing your business pipeline through planning, networking and using our in-house analytics tools to create strategic plans to make a real difference to the businesses you work with.
You’ll need to be brilliant at building great relationships and comfortable liaising with everyone from CEOs of multinational companies to local business owners.
You’ll be the key contact for businesses we work with, so we’ll expect you to be an ambassador for itison, and be both personable and professional. Everything we do is premium and you’ll need to be able to represent that quality across all stages of approach and negotiation.
What this job is:
- Fast paced – this role is dynamic, exciting and challenging. You’ll need to be tenacious and bring your A game every day, to stay on top of your workload and deliver results.
- Creative – whether you’re advising a business on the best way to structure a feature with us or you’re researching ideas for new and exciting offerings, you’ll need to be creative and have vision.
- Rewarding – you’ll learn a lot and be rewarded financially too – with a good basic you’ll also receive commission and target bonuses for excellent account management.
- A great future – this job is brilliant for someone who’s as ambitious (we’re growing fast) and passionate as we are, keen to develop themselves, and looking for a career, not just a job.
What to expect from the role
A lot of fun and reward, but also hard work – you’ll need to be charismatic, organised, resilient, able to deliver on your targets, and provide a high level of account management and expertise.
You’ll need to have the core competencies we’ve asked for to this job well, but we’ll also put you through an intensive training boot camp when you start with us, and you’ll have the support of an incredible team, and our amazing support infrastructure.
- Articulate, fun and dynamic
- Intelligent, professional and up for a challenge
- An accomplished account and relationship manager with a proven track record
- Confident in developing new business through relationship management, networking and maximising opportunities
- An exceptional planner with great attention to detail – you will become an expert consultant for the businesses you manage and will create strategic plans to help them fufil their business objectives
- Confident in using analytics tools to create a business case (full training provided on in-house tools)
- A confident and engaging communicator and presenter, both spoken and written
- Super-organised, adaptable and used to managing your own time and workload
- A skilled negotiator who doesn’t give up easily
- Enthusiastic, energetic and a team player – you’ll be personally accountable for your own targets so you need to be independent, but also bring energy and positivity to the team.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have exceptional account management skills and a proven track record in this area
- You have experience of developing new business and working to targets
- You have experience in a related sector, such as hospitality, leisure, or PR/advertising
- You’re well connected and know your city and the best places to go
- You thrive under pressure and working to tight timescales
- You’re self-assured and confident you can do this role
Sound like you? Apply and tell us more.
As well as being a Sunday Times Top 100 company joining the itison team comes with loads of great benefits:
- itison discount
- Private medical
- Duvet days and summer school (our equivalent of flexi-time)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity benefits
- Learning grant
- Extra half-day holiday for your birthday
- Opportunities for progression and the best tech to do your job
- Great colleagues and regular awesome paid socials
- Regular trips to our state-of-the-art HQ with lunchtime yoga & pilates classes, relaxation and stretching zones, cereal bar, soft-drink fridge and a never-ending fruit bowl
- Prosecco Friday – round off the week with a company-wide town hall and a glass of fizz (or a beer, or gin, or diet coke… you get the drift!)