Best at what you do? So are we.
itison is Scotland’s number one deals and events service, helping our over a million members across Scotland and the North of England discover great new places to go and things to do in their cities, from five-star hotels to brand-new restaurants and local favourites.
We’re also a Sunday Times Top 100 Company and our Glasgow HQ was dubbed Scotland’s coolest office in the press. Not that we like to brag.
Our mission is to be the best in everything we do, make a difference and have a lot of fun.
We’re looking for a tenacious and talented Host Services Manager to lead the team responsible for managing the over 4,000 amazing businesses we work with.
Host Services is the backbone of itison and responsible for creating the hundreds of deals and events that feature on our site using our in-house content management system. You will lead the team that manages the accounts of the world’s leading local and national brands, ensuring all businesses have a first-class experience with itison.
You’ll be an expert manager of people, have a love of process and a logical approach to problem solving. You’ll also have a keen understanding of the digital marketplace and it would be beneficial if you had experience of liaising with developers.
What we’re looking for:
- A people person with a strong background in managing a business portfolio, building relationships and trouble-shooting
- A successful track record in managing and developing a team and upholding company culture
- A proven record (and can provide evidence) of successfully implementing new process to improve efficiency.
- A keen understanding of the digital marketplace and experience of liaising with development teams.
- Deadly levels of accuracy, exceptional time management and organisation skills and the ability to prioritise a changing workload across a team.
- An understanding of shareable content and a love of analysis of site statistics and reporting.
What this job is
- Fast paced: We are a daily business and you will be in charge of meeting daily deadlines and ensuring the communication we send out to our members each day is accurate and sold to the best of its ability. You’ll need to thrive on pressure and motivate the team to meet tough deadlines.
- Rewarding: You’ll learn a lot (and quickly), you’ll have a great team behind you, and you will have a clear brief to scope and implement department changes for the betterment of the company.
- Challenging: Being at the centre of the business, this role involves dealing with all other departments in the company, juggling priorities and always ensuring the businesses we work with get the very best service.
- A great future: itison is growing. We’re launching in Manchester in summer 2018 and you will play a key part in ensuring its success.
What to expect from the role
A lot of fun and reward, but also hard work – you’ll need to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be able to think on your feet and deal with the occasional curve-ball.
You’ll need to have the core competencies we’ve asked for to do this role, and be confident in leading and developing an established team.
Sound like you? Apply and tell us more.
As well as being a Sunday Times Top 100 company joining the itison team comes with loads of great benefits:
- itison discount
- Private medical
- Duvet days and summer school (our equivalent of flexi-time)
- Pension scheme
- Learning grant
- Enhanced maternity/paternity benefits
- Extra half-day holiday for your birthday
- Opportunities for progression and the best tech to do your job
- Great colleagues and regular socials (recent outings include the Edinburgh Festival and West End Fiesta at the Kelvingrove Bandstand)
- State-of-the-art HQ with lunchtime yoga & pilates classes, relaxation and stretching zones, cereal bar, soft-drink fridge and a never-ending fruit bowl
- Prosecco Friday – round off the week with a company-wide town hall and a glass of fizz (or a beer, or gin… you get the drift!)
No recruiters or agencies please