itison is Scotland’s number one deals and events service, helping our over a million members across Scotland and the North of England discover great new places to go and things to do in their cities, from five-star hotels to brand-new restaurants and local favourites.
We’re also a Sunday Times Top 100 Company and our Glasgow HQ was dubbed Scotland’s coolest office in the press. Not that we like to brag.
We’re looking for a talented digital marketing executive to join our growth team, part of our growing marketing team based in our Glasgow HQ.
You’ll be a digital marketing expert with a strong understanding of digital advertising strategies across social media, search, display and remarketing, along with solid experience in campaign planning and budget management.
We're the best, and we expect the best. We only hire super-talented, enthusiastic people who want to work at one of the country's most exciting and fastest-growing companies - if that sounds like you, read on.
What you’ll be doing
Every day, we speak to over a million people through our email, site and app, as well as being one of Scotland’s biggest brands on social media with over 270,000 fans and followers.
You’ll be working on growth campaigns across our digital channels so you’ll be comfortable with crunching numbers to spot opportunities and uncover critical insights and trends, and be able to translate your analysis into comprehensive strategies and end-to-end implementation plans.
You’ll work closely with the copy and content team to develop robust and exciting campaigns that deliver and exceed ROI and acquisition targets, and it’ll be your job to come up with experiments and tests to continually improve and drive significant growth.
What this job is
- Creative – reports and analysis are important for this role, but an inventive approach to strategy and implementation and a desire to make a big impact from day one is essential.
- Challenging – we’re a fast-paced business and a team tasked with big, varied projects and a desire to continuously improve, so you’ll need to bring your A game every day.
- Fun! – whether you’re testing the impact of a Facebook campaign or coming up with a strategy for selling thousands of tickets for itison Drive In Movies, we take a fun approach to everything we do (but we’re serious about the results.)
- A great future – this role is brilliant for someone who’s as ambitious (we’re growing fast) and passionate as we are, keen to develop themselves, and looking for a career, not just a job.
What this job isn’t
- Just a numbers game: we don’t want someone who’ll create loads of reports with no purpose - you need to be a creative marketer with the skills, experience and drive to make an immediate and significant difference.
- A strategic thinker – you’ll be working across a broad range of projects so you’ll have a solid grounding in marketing and be able to help define and execute campaigns in line with our overall marketing strategy.
- A great communicator – you’ll be able to pitch ideas for new campaigns and strategies and present insights to colleagues in a clear and understandable way, as well as writing content for both consumer and business audiences.
- Creative – from landing pages on our site to our social media campaigns, Drive In Movies events to charity campaigns with Hollywood celebs that get global attention, we’re creative in our approach to everything we do so you’ll need ideas and enthusiasm in spades.
- Analytical – we have lots and lots of data so you’ll need to be comfortable with numbers and spreadsheets, but you’ll know how to ask the right questions and manipulate the data to get actionable insights. You’ll be detail-oriented but able to see the big picture, and comfortable taking a risk in order to leverage an opportunity.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and a team player – lots of what we do is great fun, but it can take a lot of hard work to pull off, so you’ll need bags of enthusiasm, a positive attitude and a desire to work with the team to achieve great things.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have at least two years’ experience in digital marketing in either an agency or in-house setting.
- You’re commercially-aware, with experience in delivering to challenging KPIs and making a demonstrable difference to growth – and able to prove it.
- You know your way around performance marketing, with expert knowledge of and experience in delivering high-performing paid social and search engine marketing campaigns - knowledge of other digital marketing tactics would be great too.
- You’re able to analyse the performance of digital marketing activities, test new strategies and communicate strategic, data-led insights to the rest of the team.
- You’re extremely confident with Excel, able analyse big sets of data and spot opportunities - experience in SQL would be a bonus.
- You’re passionate about digital marketing and keen to develop your career in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
Sound like you? Hit apply and show us what you’ve got.
As well as being a Sunday Times Top 100 company and our world-class Glasgow HQ being Scotland’s coolest office, joining the itison team comes with loads of great benefits:
- itison discount
- Private medical
- Duvet days and summer school (our equivalent of flexi-time)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity benefits
- Extra half-day holiday for your birthday
- Opportunities for progression and the best tech to do your job
- Great colleagues and regular socials (recent outings include the Edinburgh Festival and West End Fiesta at the Kelvingrove Bandstand)
- State-of-the-art working environment in our incredible new HQ including lunchtime yoga & pilates classes, relaxation and stretching zones, cereal bar, soft-drink fridge and a never-ending fruit Prosecco Friday – round off the week with a company-wide town hall and a glass of fizz (or a beer, or gin… you get the drift!)
Closing date - 5pm on 20th October 2017
No agencies or recruiters, please.