We're happy to continue to receive applications and CVs for this position, but due to the impact of Coronavirus, we won't be reviewing these or interviewing for the next month or so. Anyone we do recruit after this, won't start until September, at the earliest.
We’re looking for a talented social media executive to join our busy marketing team at our Glasgow HQ and help in our mission to make even more people smile through the power of amazing experiences.
itison has grown in membership, size and profitability every year since we started out, and we’re looking for someone with the experience, enthusiasm and smarts to help us develop communication strategies to drive revenue and membership growth.
Working on everything from social campaigns to social reporting and analysis, you’ll be an experienced social media executive who's creative, loves trying new ideas, and can develop your ideas into first-class social campaigns for our daily deals, venues and events.
This is a hands-on role, so you'll be working alongside our campaign manager and expert marketing team to deliver outstanding social content.
What’s the role?
- Overseeing content and advertising delivery across all social media accounts within the itison group.
- Developing engaging and creative content for scheduled posts that make our audiences smile and love us even more
- Building the itison brand; positioning us at the heart of amazing experiences in the UK
- Creating and managing our influencer collaborations, and liaising with key individuals
- Managing our social comment threads and messages for all channels to maintain, and grow existing relationships with members and hosts
- Driving paid and organic growth campaigns across our social marketing channels and report clearly on results
Do you fit the bill?
- At least 2 years’ experience in social media in either an agency or in-house setting
- An expert on the latest digital and social trends with a thorough knowledge of key advertising platforms.
- A strategic thinker who can define and quickly execute intelligent tests that deliver actionable results
- A brilliant communicator, able to pitch ideas and deliver clear insights to colleagues at all levels
- Experienced in managing budgets and delivering to challenging KPIs
- Creative and able to bring innovative ideas to the team
- Enthusiastic, energetic and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Super-organised and able to manage challenging deadlines across multiple projects
Working at itison
We’re innovators, thinkers and risk-takers. We empower our people to achieve great things. We strive to be the best, to continuously improve and push boundaries, but we never lose sight of what matters. We’ve created a positive working environment for our team: filled with possibility and excellence, promoting a healthy work-life balance with space for family and friends, celebrating everything we do and, most of all, fun. Read more about working at itison.
Helping you grow
We’ve worked hard to create a culture that allows our team to succeed and grow. We’re one of The Sunday Times best companies to work for and we’re really proud of it.
- Mentorships with directors and senior management
- Progression opportunities based on hard work and talent, rather than age and experience
- Annual allowance to learn new skills outside work (itisoners have used this grant for everything from languages to cheese tasting and tap dancing)
Looking after our team
Our people are our greatest asset. We want you to be healthy, happy and well looked after.
- Private medical insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Charity Day
- Enhanced maternity/paternity benefits
- Duvet days and early or late start times
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Pilates & yoga classes in our purpose-built studio at itison HQ
- Discounted gym membership
- Cereal bar and never-ending fruit bowl
It’s in our DNA to make a difference in our community. With over 1.6 million members and over 4000 businesses, we have a huge voice and we strive to use that power for good, every day.
- Every team member gets an extra day off every year to work with a charity close to their heart
- itison us, our charitable arm, gives the same incredible experiences our members enjoy to those who need it most: brilliant local charities
- Our work with homeless charity Social Bite has raised over £2 million, helping build a homeless village and providing hundreds of thousands of hot meals
Having fun is one of our core principles and we take it seriously, in and outside of work.
- Prosecco Fridays - round off the week with a company-wide town hall and a glass of fizz (or a beer, gin, or soft drink…)
- Regular, paid socials - recent outings have included the Edinburgh Festival and Glasgow’s West End Fiesta
- Complimentary tickets to all itison events, including itison Drive-In Movies and GlasGLOW
- Discount on itison.com and itison Venues, which includes some of Glasgow’s favourite bars and restaurants