Sloans – Duty Manager – full time
Great salary, career opportunities & benefits package
Our city's oldest bar & restaurant set over three stunning floors; a sold-out ceilidh every Friday night, weddings booked in to our Grand Ballroom through till 2024, an amazing weekly in-house event programme complete with cinema night, our own macaroni appreciation club (SMAC!) and a beautiful outdoor heated courtyard; Sloans has been at the centre of Glasgow life since 1797.
Loved by locals and tourists for centuries, Sloans is looking for an exceptional Duty Manager to keep traditions going and introduce some new ones!
The core missions of the Duty Manager
We’re looking for a skilled and experienced professional to:
- Support the management team to lead the front and back of house teams and create a fun and dynamic place to work
- Help to drive the business plan, budgets and product.
- Assist the management/events team to run large events and group bookings.
Your support team
As part of itison venues, owners of seven of the most exciting venues in the City, you’ll be backed and developed by an exceptional in-house support team structure, including:
- A General Manager/AGM to help support you in running the day to day operations
- An events team to help run and facilitate large events
- A senior operations team to help support you and deliver the business plan
- A finance, IT, stock and systems team to train and support you on the admin of the role
- A marketing and digital team to drive customers and events
- An HR team to help train and recruit
The core skill set and requirements
- Minimum of one year working at senior Duty Manager role in a busy hospitality environment.
- Experience of organising and facilitating large events including ceilidhs and weddings
- Genuine passion for managing teams that have fun together.
- Track record of exceptional customer service skills.
- A love of all things food and drink!
- Experience of running private events, busy shifts, and managing large group bookings
- Great attention to detail and the ability to follow paperwork and process; including rotas- full training on systems and process given
The salary and benefits package
- Great salary package subject to experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Team discount at all venues and itison with comp. event tickets
- Company socials
- Part of an independent group, Sunday Times top 100 place to work, intent on having fun and delivering exceptional experiences