Web/UX Designer - Full-time - Glasgow HQ
We’re looking for a talented junior - mid Web/UX Designer to join our team.
* This role is a hybrid role, with 3 days p/w spent in our Glasgow office therefore you need to live a commutable distance from here *
At itison we believe life is about the experience.
We match our 1.7 million members with the best local experiences; work with over 5,000 of the best local and national businesses; create Scotland’s most spectacular major events; own and operate some of the best local venues, and set up our own charity, itison us, to give experiences to those who need them the most.
We also believe that the experience starts with us, with an amazing culture, benefits and working environment.
What's the role
This role will see you working within a small team to help amaze users across customer- and business-facing websites, apps and emails and with more than 1.7 million members your work will be seen and enjoyed by an enormous national audience.
We’re looking for someone with the design skill & experience, enthusiasm & creativity, and excellent communication skills required to improve our customer and business-facing products with clean solutions and enjoyable experiences.
This is a varied role, involving work across many projects and skillsets, including:
- UI & Web design. You'll be working across our sites and apps, delivering iterative improvements to existing processes; exploring new services and functionality; and design landing and campaign pages.
- Email design. From a daily deal email to customers, to a financial report email to businesses, email is a core part of our business and we want them to be friendly, helpful and to excel at their function.
- Visual design. You’ll work closely with Product & UI designers, and will be required to bring a high level of visual design to UI projects, as well as occasionally assisting with visual design material for product launches.
Skills & Experience
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You’re a confident junior - mid Web/UX designer who enjoys solving problems
- You love great design - you should have a real interest in consumer-facing design, spotting great examples of it, and thinking of ways to elevate our designs to a higher level.
- You’re organised and can deliver great work on your own – you should be able to take a brief all the way through to concept.
- You should be happy to discuss your own work honestly, gain feedback and deliver designs to our Development team.
- You should have professional experience in a web or UI design setting.
- We use Sketch, as well as the Adobe CC suite as required. Experience with these or similar is an advantage.
You don't need to code, but an understanding of what's possible in modern web development will help deliver great design.
The Salary and Benefits Package
- Salary £25k to £40k depending on skills & experience
- Annual company bonus (based on performance)
- Private Health Care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 10% itison discount and 50% discount at all itison-owned venues
- Enhanced maternity/paternity
- Learning grant
- Lunchtime yoga and Pilates classes
- Holiday-buy scheme
- Birthday day off
- Paid company socials
- Free tickets to all our major events
- Charity day – paid time off to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Fantastic work environment and unending fruit bowl, cereal bar, and full bar set up in the office for Friday Prosecco (or healthy drink if preferred)
No agencies or recruiters please