Front of House – Sloans - Full/part time
Career opportunities & benefits package
Our city's oldest bar & restaurant set over three stunning floors; a sold-out ceilidh every Friday night, weddings booked in to our Grand Ballroom through till 2024, an amazing weekly in-house event programme complete with cinema night, our own macaroni appreciation club (SMAC!) and a beautiful outdoor heated courtyard; Sloans has been at the centre of Glasgow life since 1797.
Loved by locals and tourists for centuries, Sloans is looking for an exceptional Front of House to keep traditions going and introduce some new ones!
The core missions
- We're looking for skilled and experienced people who can deliver on our core missions to:
- Support the front of house teams and create a fun and dynamic place to work.
- Greet and serve customers and create great first impressions
- Assist the management/events team to run large events and group bookings
Your support team
As part of itison venues, owners of seven of the most exciting venues in the City, you’ll be backed and developed by an exceptional inhouse support team structure.
The core skill set and requirements
- Minimum of one year working in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Genuine passion for the hospitality industry
- Experience in assisting with large events including ceilidhs and weddings
- Track record of exceptional customer service skills.
- A love of all things food and drink!
- Experience of working with the general public, and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Great team player, flexible and adaptable
The salary and benefits package
- Team discount at all venues and itison with comp event tickets
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company socials
- Part of an independent group, Sunday Times top 100 place to work, intent on having fun and delivering exceptional experiences