Marketing & Events Assistant - itison venues
Marketing & Events Assistant – itison venues – 40 hours p/w
We believe life is about the experience and we have great benefits in place to make sure the experience starts with you:
- Up to £25k, depending on experience
- Free meal and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks on shift
- 50% off food and drink across itison venues with friends and family
- Employee Assistance Programme to look after your mental wellbeing
- Complimentary tickets to itison major events
- 10% off at itison.com
- Taxi contribution for anyone working past 1am
- Two fully paid socials a year
- Fully funded external training courses
- Great opportunities to develop and progress
About the Role
As Marketing & Events Assistant you’ll work closely with the venues teams to showcase the very best of what we have to offer from our food & drink offering to the amazing events that happen in our venues!
You will work across a 7 day week, with a changing rota each week – this role will include evenings & weekend working and your rota of hours will be scheduled around what is happening in the venues such as the Cowboy Ceilidh, SMAC and the Sloans ceilidh.
You will be specifically focused on our socials so we’re looking for someone who can create amazing content, specifically across TikTok and Instagram, that will engage our customers, drive business and show off what we have to offer in our venues!
All our venues have their own individual brand, and you will be responsible for taking the Design teams’ creative for each venue and bringing it to life on socials. You will be responsible for creating content for the social media platforms of Maggie’s Rock’N’Rodeo, Sloans, brel, Epicures & Shucks.
Although the role is primarily focused on our social platforms, there will be ad hoc marketing duties to do such as liaising with influencers, researching, sourcing props for any contents, etc.
This role is stand-alone so you should be able to self-manage and prioritise, however you will work closely with our Bookings & Events team and our Venue & Operational Management
About the Venues
At itison venues, our main mission is to bring great experiences to all of our customers and we are looking for someone who is just as passionate about doing this as we are!
itison venues are proud owners of some of Glasgow’s best-loved spots: brel, Maggie’s Rock’N’Rodeo, Sloans, Epicures and Shucks. Whether you are looking for a good ol’ fashioned knees up at Maggie’s Rock’N’Rodeo or something a bit more traditional in the form of a ceilidh at Sloans – we have it all!
If you are looking for variety and love being busy – you’re in the right place! We are looking for someone who has a genuine passion for hospitality and social media!
We aren’t looking for someone with professional experience, but if you have it that’s great. If you are self taught, we just need you to be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of social media platforms and the ability to make make creative video content!
- Be clued up on all the latest trends across social media platforms
- Be able to demonstrate where you have grown a social media platform following whether this be in a professional or personal capacity.
- Have strong knowledge on how to edit videos & photos to create content that will set our socials apart from other venues!
- Demonstrate strong copywriting skills
- Be able to understand and differentiate between each venues individual brand and identify how best to create content for each venue.
- Have a background in hospitality – we love it and we need the person in charge of our social media platforms to love it too!
About the Process
If you think this sounds like the right role for you, then we would love for you to apply. If we like your application, we will be in touch to arrange an interview with you.