Scotland’s market-leading deals & events company recently launched in Manchester, and now we're looking for the superstars of tomorrow to join our first-class team!
Our mission is to be the best in everything we do, make a difference and have a lot of fun:
- We’re the market leader in our cities and we only work with quality businesses, from 5* brands to top local gems
- We introduce our 1 million+ members to the best of their city, bringing them exclusive deals, events and group experiences.
- We think differently and do good – we brought George Clooney and Leonardo Di Caprio to the UK to have lunch with itison members and raised over £1 million to feed the homeless in the process.
- We’re one of the Sunday Times’ Top 100 companies and our Glasgow HQ was dubbed Scotland’s coolest office in the press.
We’re looking for a superstar Graduate/Junior Account Manager to join our Manchester team! This is an amazing opportunity to join a fantastic, fast-growing business, with excellent career progression opportunities.
We're the best, and we expect the best. We only hire super-talented, positive people who want to work at one of the country's most exciting and fastest-growing companies - if that sounds like you, read on.
What you’ll be doing
Based in our Manchester city centre office, you’ll be paired up with an experienced account manager to help develop their business accounts in and around Greater Manchester.
You’ll need to be smart, confident, organised, energetic and brilliant at building relationships and spotting business opportunities.
Part of this role will involve pitching to businesses over the phone, and face to face, so you'll also need to be an engaging communicator, tenacious, and fearless to boot. It's essential that you're flexible and happy to travel, as we may ask you to to spend some time working in our other cities, when the need or opportunity arises.
Our Account Managers are the key contact for the businesses we work with. You’ll be liaising with senior people in other companies, and local business owners, so we’ll expect you to be an ambassador for itison, and be both personable and professional.
What this job is
- Fast paced – working at itison is dynamic, exciting and challenging, so you’ll need to be tenacious and bring your A game every day.
- Creative – whether you’re advising a business on the best way to structure a feature with us or you’re researching ideas for new and exciting offerings, you’ll need to be creative and have vision
- A great future – if you’re ambitious, driven, passionate and keen to develop and progress, this provides the opportunity for a career, not just a job.
What to expect
A lot of fun and reward, but also hard work – you’ll need to be energetic, intelligent, organised, resilient, self-motivated and quick to learn.
You’ll need to have the core attributes we’ve asked for, but you’ll also have the support of an incredible team at itison and talented people to learn from.
We are firm believers that there is no substitute for hands-on experience, so whilst there will be lots of training and support, expect to be thrown in at the deep end early on, and be prepared to make a few mistakes, challenge yourself and be challenged.
Qualifications & skills
- Degree educated with a first class or 2:1 honours classification, in any discipline
- Recently graduated with up to 2 years’ professional work experience
- Articulate, fun and dynamic
- Intelligent, professional and up for a challenge
- Great with people and at building relationships
- Creative and comfortable sharing your ideas
- Comfortable using different software systems
- A confident communicator and presenter, both spoken and written
- Comfortable and experienced in phone selling
- Super-organised, adaptable and able to manage your own time and workload
- Enthusiastic, energetic and a team player – you’ll be personally accountable for driving your own development, so you need to be independent, but we also want people who will bring energy and positivity to the team.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have work experience in a related sector, such as hospitality, leisure, or advertising
- You have account management or new business experience
- You have some outbound phone sales experience and are used to a fast paced environment
- You thrive under pressure and working to targets and deadlines
- You’re self-assured, confident and love a challenge
Sound like you? Apply and tell us more.
As well as being a Sunday Times Top 100 company joining the itison team comes with loads of great benefits:
- itison discount
- Private medical
- Duvet days
- Summer school/Winter school (our equivalent of flexi-time)
- Learning grant
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity benefits
- Extra half-day holiday for your birthday
- Opportunities for progression and the best tech to do your job
- Great colleagues and regular socials (recent outings include the Edinburgh Festival and West End Fiesta at the Kelvingrove Bandstand)
- Our state-of-the-art HQ has lunchtime yoga & Pilates classes, relaxation and stretching zones, a cereal bar, soft-drink fridge and a never-ending fruit bowl
- Prosecco Friday – round off the week with a company-wide town hall and a glass of fizz (or a beer, gin, or soft drink… you get the drift!)